A great fishery for midlands anglers!

Hi there i would like to recommend a fishery in bonningdale near shifnal west midlands. The fishery has 2 pool and is situated on a farm on the shifnal road. The carp pool (top pool) costs 10 pounds to fish. There are plenty of carp and there have been some great catches this month up to 40lbs!, if you want any details please write to me on this thread, tight lines!

Petfjo

Hi stu

ye its a good lake its farly exposed so i recommend bivvys the lake is quite small and the average is 18lbs i recommend to not use small hook baits because the pool is not due to be netted for a while and there are small fry, although the carp are always feeding and give great sport, also turn up early because there are not many swims and it can sometimes get quite busy! anything else?

jon

sounds good jon - dont mind travelling an hour or so to try somewhere different once in a while (my syndicate water is proving rather hard work at the moment...)

could you pm me the address / contact details if you have them? im assuming its on a day ticket?

cheers for the info

Stu

Stu its on the shifnal road next to the horns of bonningdale pub, its on a farm and you have to drive in throught the farm, it near the monument carp fishery, its the top pool unfortunatly the baliff wont give out any contact details so your best off just looking for the horns of bonningdale pub bonningdale on the aa route finder, it is only a day because there is a house right next to it so you cant night fish anything else?

jon

I dunno mate it has been there quite a while the bottom pool does have alot of crucian carp and small carp, there are some carp to 30 in the bottom pool and the bailiff is obsessed with bream :evil: so its impossible to catch carp :? good sport tho :D

jon

Why the :evil: after mentioning Bream?

Carp are not the only things worth fishing for. I had this discussion with Mindgame the other night. I would far rather my Children forgot about Carp fishing and LEARNT on other species, which it looks like this fishery has done.

Good work by the bailiff on the the Bottom pool for that reason alone :!:

I dunno mate it has been there quite a while the bottom pool does have alot of crucian carp and small carp, there are some carp to 30 in the bottom pool and the bailiff is obsessed with bream :evil: so its impossible to catch carp :? good sport tho :D

jon

Are you sure about the carp to 30lb, this place has such a reputation for bull shine, its just an old irrigation reservoir with a few carp chucked in there for the farmer to make a few quid from. Amazing that every day ticket water around here has tales of 30lb fish but you never see a pic of one. :lol:

oh right fished there years ago when first started fishin used to catch some nice roach and bream out of that pool. But as far as i can remember the carp only went to mid doubles but that was some time ago so are there fish in there to that size now :?:
The same

Guys if u are gonna take the mic of the pool then i suggest that you should do it privatley i know the baliff and i can assure you that the fishery is well run, please refrain yourselfs from taking the mic, why dont you fish it and then you can criticise it if you want! :evil: