Mushroom Rig

salokcinnodrog

Been playing around while thinking about the problems I've been having.

I may have come up with something original using a hair rig, rig ring, a double bait system, a bottom and a surface bait.

I'm trying it tomorrrow night, so I will let you know the results of the All New, All singing and dancing "Mushroom rig"

Been playing around while thinking about the problems I've been having.

I may have come up with something original using a hair rig, rig ring, a double bait system, a bottom and a surface bait.

I'm trying it tomorrrow night, so I will let you know the results of the All New, All singing and dancing "Mushroom rig"

Sounds interesting :wink: Will look forward to hearing more :!:

Come on share with us, even if its by PM :lol::lol::lol:

The theory works, but I'm not one for putting something up if it doesn't work in practice.

Besides, you know why I'm calling it the Mushroom rig?

Cos I'm keeping you in the dark and feeding you bovine excrement :twisted::twisted::twisted::lol::lol::lol:

Got to admit, not sure that carp will be overly interested in singing and dancing mushrooms though :wink:

:lol::lol:

Probably not :shock::?

Gave it its name on how it sits in practice, and what it looks like :wink:

Well good luck with it anyway, maybe it'll get you that target fish of yours, look forward to the update :wink:

Is this a claw rig nick - the same as I always use?

I can only think that you've got a balanced snowman with half pop-up (facing down) and a tube shaped bottom bait threaded onto the hair lengthways.

You've done me TBH! :wink::lol: I could see what I've come up with as being harder to blowback- but I'm sure your idea is probably nothig like what I'm imagining - look forward to your return :wink:

I can only think that you've got a balanced snowman with half pop-up (facing down) and a tube shaped bottom bait threaded onto the hair lengthways.

You've done me TBH! :wink::lol: I could see what I've come up with as being harder to blowback- but I'm sure your idea is probably nothig like what I'm imagining - look forward to your return :wink:

Lets see, from your description, I don't think its the same.

I know Brian has seen a pic (rig in my hand) and tried tying some up to play with.

I do know that the first fish I hooked on the rig was landed, and hooked very squarely centre of the bottom lip. Shows that my thinking may well be right on what I'm trying to achieve.

May only have been another 8lb Common, but its more than has been coming out of the lake recently.

I know Brian has seen a pic (rig in my hand) and tried tying some up to play with.

I do know that the first fish I hooked on the rig was landed, and hooked very squarely centre of the bottom lip. Shows that my thinking may well be right on what I'm trying to achieve.

May only have been another 8lb Common, but its more than has been coming out of the lake recently.

I'm thinking it could be a dumbell shaped bottom bait topped with a larger popup making it look like a mushroom :?:

Its caught one so far so it obviously works to an extent, i'm intrigued to actually know exactly what and how it may work :wink: Hope your not still holding out on us :lol:

I'm thinking it could be a dumbell shaped bottom bait topped with a larger popup making it look like a mushroom :?:

Its caught one so far so it obviously works to an extent, i'm intrigued to actually know exactly what and how it may work :wink: Hope your not still holding out on us :lol:

Nope, still not right. Think outside the box. It is nothing to do with the bait being tipped off with a whole or half a pop-up. I said it is a double bait system, that doesn't mean that 2 baits go on together.:wink::lol:

It is a different presentation so that I can use a bottom bait and keep the hookpoint away from the bottom debris

Course I am holding out! :wink::lol::lol::twisted::twisted:

Grrrr :twisted::twisted:

Thinking outside the box i have trouble with :lol: Anyway i'm sure you'll reveal all to your beloved forum members soon enough :wink:

ADDED --- Now i'm thinking a bottom bait on hair the normal way and a popup tied to the curve of the hook towards the point to hold hook off bottom :wink: But hey i know nothing :lol:

Thinking outside the box i have trouble with :lol: Anyway i'm sure you'll reveal all to your beloved forum members soon enough :wink:

ADDED --- Now i'm thinking a bottom bait on hair the normal way and a popup tied to the curve of the hook towards the point to hold hook off bottom :wink: But hey i know nothing :lol:

that sounds about right to me mate lol but who nos :S

And the rig ring? :twisted::twisted::twisted:

To be honest I've pretty much used the same style rigs for over 15years. Basic Braided Knotless knotted or Line aligned. The most I have seemed to change is rig length or hair length, and some of mine probably aren't that tidy :?:shock:

It's only down to the lakebed that I've had to work hard to think up a "different" presentation to keep the hook point clear of the bottom due to a couple of hookpulls. I wanted a presentation that would lift the hookpoint up, yet allow me to fish with a bottom bait.

I had tried a "reverse" snowman, with the Pop-up nearest the hook, but they will not touch a (flavoured) pop-up.

This way I have the 2bottom baits (I was using a 18 and 15mm bait on the hair) on the lakebed (obviously ), and also a (neutral) pop-up high up the bend lifting the hookpoint clear. It actually may give me another advantage, in that the Carp don't expect that whichever they take, the pop-up or bottom bait(s) may have a hook in it.

• 3 weeks later...