Numpty question on snowman rig

petemid

I have a bit of a numpty question regarding the snowman rig, after a bit of a search I am still stumped :oops:

With the snowman rig my bottom bait slides down the hair and sits against the hook and leaves a gap between the bottom bait and the pop up. How do I resolve this?

My advice would be try to use a smaller baiting up needle, maybe your making to big a hole in the boilie. If that dont work use a bit of putty maybe just to secure it in. However before casting find a shallow margin a check the snowman is working correctly and the pop up isent to strong.

In my opinon use a 20mm bottom bait and a 15mm pop up, that seems to work perfectly, all depends on how boyount the pop up saying that.

Good luck and Tight Lines.

Ryan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fenboy
just make sure you tie a bigger loop on your hair so the knot is inside the boilie next to the hook and then it wont move :wink:
you beat me to it, spot on if your using a double bait tie a bigger loop in the hair so the knot is in the second bait .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Handy to bring up an old thread :wink:

I use the boilie stops that come on the "length". Fire extinguisher tags, clothes label tags that you cut the boilie stop off each time.

I push the forward pointed (ish) end into the bottom boilie, and then cut it off close to the boilie. It stops the boilie sliding up and down the hair