Holt Hall, Coleshill, Birmingham

I recently fished a new fishery around coleshill area and they are charging £20 from 8 until 8 on there 'specimen pool' the thing is they have just opened and they go on like there fishery is as good as cuttle mill just because they have sturgeon in the pool.

has anyone else fished here?

I thought i would go and fish on the bottom pool and done ok on maggots had a few roach, carp up to 3-4 lbs

a random minnow lol

my 1st golden tench which was about half a lb lol

and about 5-6 crucian carp

Don't believe a word they tell you. PM sent.

Ian

I went with Razorx to Holt hall farm, and he did alot better then me, as he says he caught these fish, i thought it was very expensive for what it is and the set out is not very nice its too modern its all been decked out, so if you like the tranqual setting then its not very nice. maggot does very well there bread corn boiles do not do well lol

I thought i would go and fish on the bottom pool and done ok on maggots had a few roach, carp up to 3-4 lbs

a random minnow lol

Ian

Ian, would you be so kind as to send me the PM too, please?

a random minnow lol

Ian

Ian, would you be so kind as to send me the PM too, please?

No problem, Guy.

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

a random minnow lol

im going there next week i went to have a look at the other day it looks just ok bit plain .....did u use any other bait than maggots an if so what did u use an how was u fishing ......think ill stay away from the £20 pound pool lol an wail till it is proven ...im looking forward to whiping out them minows lol

holt hall is just at the back of us . ive not fished it but have been up there, way too expensive in my opinion to fish a lake thats looks more like a pole fishing lake , apparently its very deep . Dont you have to use their nets or something ??

i read about it on fisheries and sounded good , am i mistaken ?

pm me too please

• 4 months later...

Jeeeeze what do you lot want from the place !

I've fished there a number of occasions, 5-6 quid for a day on the bottom pool is the going rate anywhere.

I've had carp out up to around 11 lb on luncheon meat, big roach on caster and a few nice tench.. One day i pulled out around 10 carp, a nice 9lb Koi being one of them.

Some guy had a 4lb 12oz tench while I was there. As for the place itself its gorgeous! - Plus all the fish I've had were in pristine condition (which is rare), it's all too easy to slag a fishery off when you go there and don't do too well. Me and my mate bag up there!!

The owners are super friendly and don't pretend to be fishing guru's. It's an 8 out of 10 pool any time !

So Ian, i'd be happy for you to PM me to see what it is everyone is on about !

It's not people slagging the place off mate, it's just that some carpers want a bit more to their fishing than bagging up on small pasties :wink:

My mate's dad goes there regularly and enjoys his fishing, but it's not for everyone :wink:

P.S. Welcome to the forum

Yeah from a massive lump perspective then its not an out and out carp lake !

I havent fished the specimen pool, its supposed to have some units in there, upto 40 odd pound.

For someone who enjoys a bit of match fishing aswell as carping its ideal :)

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comments btw !

• 6 months later...

iv fished here 2 times.the first on the top lake,an i thought it was a con. When clare came to collect my £20(ripoff)she even said the carp rarely cum out.i only went cuz it said on the website theres a good head of carp, an if u like a bagful of tidlers then bottom pools for u. Owners r really nice tho

iv fished here 2 times.the first on the top lake,an i thought it was a con. When clare came to collect my £20(ripoff)she even said the carp rarely cum out.i only went cuz it said on the website theres a good head of carp, an if u like a bagful of tidlers then bottom pools for u. Owners r really nice tho

Of course the owners are nice....they've just had 20 nicker off you!

Ian

Ian any chance of the pm please mate, have been thinking of trying this place myself?

Can't be bothered any more. Suffice to say that the claimed weights of some of the claimed catches are not necessarily accurate.

Oh, and with all the wooden decking and pegs the place resembles a timber yard.

Oh, and it's wildly expensive to fish the Top Lake, £20 to fish a pool you could jump over with a decent run-up.

Find the postcode on Fisheries.co.uk and have a look on Google Earth. Try not to mistake it for a cattle trough.

Ian

went up for a look about 3yrs ago just as the new owners had taken over and were just finising stages on bottom pool. they had restocked silvers into 'match pool' and ended up with a huge fish kill( they were all carp, and insisted it was'nt KHV)

had also been told the sturgeon was already in the top lake, but after talking to one of the friends of the owner it appears they were taken from another lake without EA permission.

this is not posted as to rubbish this fisery but just to pass on what i know

went up for a look about 3yrs ago just as the new owners had taken over and were just finising stages on bottom pool. they had restocked silvers into 'match pool' and ended up with a huge fish kill( they were all carp, and insisted it was'nt KHV)

had also been told the sturgeon was already in the top lake, but after talking to one of the friends of the owner it appears they were taken from another lake without EA permission.

this is not posted as to rubbish this fisery but just to pass on what i know

I live a few miles from the fishery and some of us used to frequently guest it :roll:

The guy who owned the place didn't seem to mind, to be honest.

I'm here to tell you that there were no sturgeon in that place at that time, around 7 years ago. And there certainly wasn't a 40lb carp, which is claimed to have been banked. Nobody seems to know the name of said captor and there are no photographs. I could equally claim that I've had a 15ft whaleshark out of there. But I'd be fibbing, wouldn't I.

Ian

PS I was told that some of the photos of fish which were claimed as catches were actually taken during stocking. In, not out, if you catch my drift

• 5 months later...

me and my m8 went on specimen lake few times had few sturgeon 23 lb to 25 lb this friday we are going for 24 hr so will update when we get back.

Its ease to catch them luncheon meat on the bottom and you will not have to wait long. Make sure you go heavy on tackle or you will be sorry you didnt. I use 18lb main line to 45lb leadcore leader with 30lb braided hooklink size 10 or 8 hook huge chunk of luncheon meat and away you go. Have some pictures so if you like to see pm me.