Holt Hall, Coleshill, Birmingham

i was bit dissapointed when we went on 24 hour sesion as they were again digging specimen lake and never had anything but two lads were fishing just down from us and they had 9lb,23lb,25lb sturgeon and one carp not sure what size. I will be going there again. If you enjoy good fight deffo place to go it could be dissapointment as its very hard to get carp out. They should take all carp and move it to bottom lake than add few cats in specimen lake lower the price a bit and that would be heaven for fishing.

• 10 months later...

Ive fished bottom lake a few times now, and you can get a year ticket now for the bottom lake for 70 quid, but only means you have to go 10 times in the year to get your cash back if you fish 2 rods, which i do.

Ive being there 3 times on the bottom pool, and every time ive had a few carp out, all perfect conditon, the biggest carp ive had out is 10lb, but ive seen bigger on the surface when it gets hot, but very hard to catch on the surface there. have spoken to a few people who have had THE sturgeon out the bottom pool all saying they got it at 9lb.

Wouldnt attempt the top pool as others say its not big enough, but they are just continuously digging all the sludge out of it, so maybe in a few years top pool might be worth fishing.

as for bottom pool, i quite like the wooden decking, and it never gets busy with at most half a dozen pegs being fished at the same time, so is always nice and quiet, il be fishing bottom pool most of this year, and will make threads on it, as for now i have being told the biggest carp is just over 20lb in bottom pool, but some bloke claimed he had a carp out at 26lb, but clare said she can't confirm that as no1 else witnessed that carp.