shrink tubing

leeboy728

i used to put shrink tubing on but to me it didnt make any difference plus my m8 used it all the time on a new water we fished together. We used exactly the same rigs and bait except he used shrink tubing, he blanked more often than he caught whilst I caught at least 2 each time we went together. I also think that sometimes air can become trapped in the tubing and make it sort of stand up a bit and look like a spirit level inside which doesnt look too great underwater, I also found this same problem with semi transparent rig tubing such as the khaki from korda, tiny pockets of air in the rig tubing just look so off putting in the water.

I know Fox do different coloured tubing, just buy the one that matches the lake bed as much as possible.

Just a confidence thing with me, I used it, caught less, didnt see any improvements so I took it off, now I catch more and the hook holds are just as good.

I use Shrink Tubing on the majority of my rigs. I found that with it I can get well presented Line Aligners. As for types of Tubing I have used Carp-R-Us and Fox Tubing quite happily with No problems.

I don't worry about the colour of the tubing.

I just buy what is available in the Tackle Shop when I need to get some more.

If you are fishing on the bottom can you see a piece of brown tubing in a weedbed, it doesn't look out of place, a green piece of tubing on a gravel or sandbar just looks like a long small stone on the Lakebed. Clear tubing has no difference to making it more invisible on the bottom of the Lake as far as I can see.

Tubing is a great weapon in fishing. Clear tubing is excellent it acctually diffuses light while inthe water so it breaks your rig up.

It is also very an important additon to improving the hooking capabilities of braid. Braid being as supple as it is can often cause the hook to kick over very slowly as fish take the bait in their mouths but by using tubing you can counter act this effect. The most used and one of the best is the line aliner where a small piece of tubing is threaded up the line and pulled through out of the side of the tubing as opposed to running straight through it, thisput the hook length and hair in a straight line and force the hook to kick round more quickly improving hooking potental.

I have been using a rig this season a lot to great effect where a 1inch piece of tubing is threaded up the line and when steamed is bent at a sharp 90 degree angle this really makes the hook move and i think it has put more fish on the bank this year. In short what im tryin to say is play around with it you can create all sorts of presentations and as you learn more about rig mechanics you can really use tubing to massively improve your fishing success

another thing is does and can be the differance between a run or not is it helps to turn the hook,the lenght of tube needs to be longer the bigger the hook .

this lifts the hook using the bottom lip as a lever and lets the hook point take hold more effectivly

however i recently got some hybrid and dont need tubing to have these effects which makes the rig lighter and harder to see :wink:

Guest Anonymous

does any one have a good diagrom to show me how to make a line aliner because i am a bit confused and sounds goos or can anyone explain it in good detail?>?

Here ya go;)

so what does this line aliner help to do beacouse this looks really odd??

try this

take a rig with no bait on and place it across the palm of left hand

the hook should be near thumb then hold then other end in your right

then slowly lift your left hand up

see how many out of 10 hook your hand

then put your bait on and do it again

now if you do this with tubing on the rig you will see why it works

better

but stiff hooklinks work just as well as the line angliner

I was sceptical about using shrink tubing at first, but i have to say that my catch/hooking rate has really improved since using it. The aligner method definately helps to pull the hook home properly when using bolt rigs for example.

Thumbs up from me.

:D