kingsbury water park

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate the carp pool at Kingsbury is Pine Pool theres a big stock of carp in there never seen anything under 16lb come out and ive heard a few rumours of the odd 30 gracing the bank last year. The water is gin clear on pine go for a walk around on a sunny day and you will see the fish moving all over the pool. Swan pool is also now fishable well it was last time I went down after they cleared the weed out. The warden told me that a couple of lads had fished it the week after clearing the weed and they had 6 fish upto 18lb in a short day session. Hope this helps mate I cant say that it is definatly pine pool that Dave Lane fished as I havent personaly seen the article if you decide to give it a go dont be put off by the amount of weed on the bottom get your setup right and you will catch saying this its not an easy water by any meens.

Nick

Hi Nick, I live in Water Orton, a spit from Kingsbury Water Park and the thing that puts me off fishing there is the seriously complicated regulations.

I'm never absolutely sure what's open, what's closed and what's any good. The website is less than clear! Do you find the same or is it just my stupidity?

Ian

Probably...........................................................

Oops! Sorry, Ian. Just thinking aloud!

:lol::lol::lol:8)

You're right about the reg's. I can't work out which pool you you are allowed to fish, depending on what you have or haven't paid for, which season tickets you need. How to be part of the syndicate, what day of the month as to whether you can park on the road.................................., the list is totally confusing.

Probably...........................................................

Oops! Sorry, Ian. Just thinking aloud!

:lol::lol::lol:8)

You're right about the reg's. I can't work out which pool you you are allowed to fish, depending on what you have or haven't paid for, which season tickets you need. How to be part of the syndicate, what day of the month as to whether you can park on the road.................................., the list is totally confusing.

I'm pleased that I'm not the only person baffled by the regs.

By the way, should we ever meet up..expect a poke in the eye for your cheek.... :D

Ian

Hehe it is a bit confusing with the amount of lakes on there Pine pool is by far the best lake on there in my oppinion all you have to do is enter the park via the main entrance (Its the one with the big boards outside) go to the little hut on the left hand side inside there is a machine its 4 quid to fish Pine so thats how much you put in press the button and thats it you get a ticket pay to get your car in which is 2.50 then you need to drive around to the right follow the road al the way down and you will come to causeway pool turn right you will have a large lake to your left hand side this is swan pool continue down the road and you will come to 2 small car parks this is pine pool only things that are banned on there are barbed hooks I think its min 10lb breaking strain line and no uncooked seed or nut baits as for the specimen waters on the park I spoke to a number of members last year I was informed that 90% of them requested a refund on there tickets as after the numerous floodings of the park last year most of the fish had escaped into the canal.

Hope this helps a little

Nick

A little bit more I should of added is that the park opens at different times depending on the time of the year if you give them a ring on 01827 872660 they will tell you what time they are opening at the minute also Pine pool has no close season so you can fish it all year :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it was pine pool that he fished, along the reed pegs, these are found on the same side as the car park towards the mad mile (the noisy road). ther are 20,s coming out most weeks on pine pool, alot are caught off the top on the evenings. the rules arent that bad, just barbless hooks, you can get out after they say they lock up, just drive back towards the entrance and you will see.

• 1 month later...
was speaking to one of my dads very close friends last night who is an extremeley good fisherman and knows the swan pool and canal like the back of his hand and he said in the midlands pine pool is the best chance of a 20+ so definetly going to give it a go either saturday or monday

Yeah if its not a 20 it will be a high double. But its not easy :)

I have fished there alot, had some cracking fish. Its not ridiculusly hard no but it is a challenge, when me and my fishing buddy were on it we used to have an average of 3 or 4 fish each in one day in the summer. Its just knowing how to fish it.

And by the looks of that Joe he aint going to tell you :roll::roll:

I have fished there alot, had some cracking fish. Its not ridiculusly hard no but it is a challenge, when me and my fishing buddy were on it we used to have an average of 3 or 4 fish each in one day in the summer. Its just knowing how to fish it.

How long ago was that? Show us some pics because i love the fish in there :)