New Rig invention ?

chrisa112

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh, i have that mag, im collecting the bits to make one of those tank testers, Looks better than cupping you hand and pulling at the rig :)

incedently, that is why i was winging a few days ago, a load of people were using the withypool rig on my main water :roll:

yeh, i have that mag, im collecting the bits to make one of those tank testers, Looks better than cupping you hand and pulling at the rig :)

incedently, that is why i was winging a few days ago, a load of people were using the withypool rig on my main water :roll:

well use this to your advantage,find the next best rig to use,because after some time the carp will adapt,maybe even tilting down slightly so the shrink tube pushes against the bed and releasing a lightly pricked fish,without any indication of a pick up.so if you adapt a rig to hook them better while they are doing this you will be one step ahead of the rest,use it when everybody's results start declining and your results will pick up. :D:D:D:D

well use this to your advantage,find the next best rig to use,because after some time the carp will adapt,maybe even tilting down slightly so the shrink tube pushes against the bed and releasing a lightly pricked fish,without any indication of a pick up.so if you adapt a rig to hook them better while they are doing this you will be one step ahead of the rest,use it when everybody's results start declining and your results will pick up. :D:D:D:D

good point. Im going to make one to test my current rig, i havnt lost a fish or a pic up that has registerd on the bitealarm yet so im hoping that it will confirm how i think the rig is behaving.... it might completely shock me though and undermine my confidence in it, looking forward to getting one up and running now :)

Here : just another variation of this rig - less tubing on shank increses hooking potential - tubing all the way up hair holds boilie tight to hook and grips it ( wont slip to the underside of the hook)

only thing is - will a carp feel the tubing and spit it out straight away ?

Pic below :

IMG_2810.jpg

Comments Welcome :D

<>Chris

Hi mate.

Its good to see some thought into rig thinking, however its probably unecessary.

What is the theory behind the last rig you posted? You could just glue the boilie to the hook if you wish to create little movement.

In order to create a rig its needs a purpose, also You need to think about the sort of lake you are applying the rig to. Rigs will not work on every lake because of the lakebed and the manner in which the carp feed.

You are joking right.............

Sorry if you take this the wrong way, but that is the worst tied rig i have ever seen.

I think you should watch some of the Korda Underwater Vid's.

I think your rig will catch fish, but not many.............

Too much tubing, loop will fall of the end when bait rotates......

Sorry but no.....

Never watched a Korda vid in full, watched about 30 mins at the lake with a friend and decided i caught enough fish without confusing myself on that make believe suposedly real bit of film........ Of course the fish acted cautiously.... there was a dirty great CAMARA in the blooming swim....... forget consealing the rig what about that camara...... maybe it had a camo leader on it in place of its cord. :D:D:D

The Rig is not ideal, that much is true. However once a bait is on the hair it would not come undone too easily. The tube with hinder the hook penetrating deep so will bend out easier and also change the point of pressure and pop it out.

I made a rig for pop ups that had not rings and such like on it. just make a loop in the fluro, tie it up knotless leaving a small loop, to this tie on some braid for a hair and because its supple against a stiff link it works like a hinge and the bait moves and the hook stays put, like a rig ring..... you can then lengthen the hair for bottom rigs etc and the fluro creates the turn effect at the hook eye.

for me i dont think that testing thing that was in the mags would work very well, from my experience of seeing carp take bait, while i have been sat up trees, the carp closes its mouth and tilts up, this is when most of my fish have ben hokked, so without a closing action on the testser i wouldnt put any faith in it what so ever im affraid

i agree with the last comment (i always thought all carp are different)

be it the mouths,weight,lake ,feeding habits,weather the list goes on

from the rigs made u will fool a fish or 2 or even 4 or 5 the rigs too bulky for my liking

bit more finnese then some

carp are predictable to a certain extent (so we are told by magazines)

but then if we belive everything we are told by them we would be in the magazines ourselfs and no one would buy them think about it ?

these people are only there for the money

• 2 weeks later...

adamk.....just noticed your "location"........not conducive to getting any further with your fishing :wink:

in your long carping career (both years :lol::lol: ) did it occur to you to try humble as an approach???? :roll::roll::roll: twonk

adamk.....just noticed your "location"........not conducive to getting any further with your fishing :wink:

in your long carping career (both years :lol::lol: ) did it occur to you to try humble as an approach???? :roll::roll::roll: twonk

He may be right, Del. I imagine this kid with a Burberry cap & Rockports, & we know they have the right attitude on the bank :roll:

He may be right, Del. I imagine this kid with a Burberry cap & Rockports, & we know thay have the right attitude on the bank :roll:

Never thought of it like that Guy, well its another name for the "muppets" thread anyhow. I would try to engage him in a deep conversation about etiquette etc but Im not sure I can bring myself to talk in his native tongue

"nah wa a men bruv, innit"

there goes the next foreign minister :roll::roll::wink:

PMSL :lol:

I saw this last night and thought the same..... sort of. I cant type what i actually shouted at the screen though. It wasnt pretty i give you that :wink:

haha why did he put his age in his location ? why not keep it to yourself :S :P

I can imagine him with a slight presence of swagger and a big ''bowl'' walk - maby drop some timberlands in there and there he is ......

although i could just be stereo-typing :P:D

<>Chris