Peterborough Area

malk

the smalier lake has 25lb to 30lbs CARP, 25lb+ CATS, 10lb+TENCH, 8lb+ ROACH, 5lb+ PERCH, 5lb+ RUDD and also BREAM and the odd 17lb+ pike

You are joking, right? :?:lol:

nope i have pics to prov it

the biggest fish out ov the big lake todate is 39lb 6 i will post some pics ov the fish soon

When will we get to see this 8lb Roach? When hell freezes over? :roll:

Baintion fisheries are well worth a look.

Thats an invitation water, you need a reference from an existing member! I'm pretty sure thats right :wink:

I should be on there within the next couple of years :D

Regarding Bluebell - you get what you pay for, quality fishing :wink:

Kev, you can apply for Bainton off the website as of today, not guaranteed a place, but worth a shot ... Being nominated doesnt guarantee a place also !!

Baintion fisheries are well worth a look.

Thats an invitation water, you need a reference from an existing member! I'm pretty sure thats right :wink:

I should be on there within the next couple of years :D

Regarding Bluebell - you get what you pay for, quality fishing :wink:

Kev, you can apply for Bainton off the website as of today, not guaranteed a place, but worth a shot ... Being nominated doesnt guarantee a place also !!

Cheers - theres something about needing a reference from an existing member? Maybe that just helps a lot!

My mate joined last year with no intention of fishing it, and again this year that should help me join next year - fingers crossed!

I aint got time for it at the mo - too many lakes with unfished business. Probably like lots of people :wink:

the smalier lake has 25lb to 30lbs CARP, 25lb+ CATS, 10lb+TENCH, 8lb+ ROACH, 5lb+ PERCH, 5lb+ RUDD and also BREAM and the odd 17lb+ pike

the biggest fish out ov the big lake todate is 39lb 6 i will post some pics ov the fish soon

When will we get to see this 8lb Roach? When hell freezes over? :roll:

Carp and Catfish fishing at Werrington Carp Lakes. The site 14+ years in the making consist of two lakes. With easy access from the A15 Glinton Bypass and limited membership makes for a pleasant experience. With 24 hour fishing 365 days per year, no close season. Secure car parking and mobile toilets.

Werrington Carp Lakes, Coarse lake 3 acres in size and contains carp and catfish up to 35Lb, and with a limited membership of 20.

----------

2ywuvpf.jpg

----------

Werrington Carp Lakes, Mascal Carp lake 7 acres in size and contains carp up to 40lb, and with a limited membership of 23.

----------

6f2zqa.jpg

----------

website for membership---- http://www.carplakes.uk.net/

---------

pictuers of some of the fish---- http://www.carplakes.uk.net/photo.htm

sorry no pics of the 8lb roach it died last night :)

I can believe the Tench, but an 8lb Roach is double the species Record, the Rudd Record is 4lb10oz, the current Perch Record is 5lb9oz, but there was a 6lb Perch caught from the River Thames.

Methinks you had better start checking some of these stories properly! :wink:

I can believe the Tench, but an 8lb Roach is double the species Record, the Rudd Record is 4lb10oz, the current Perch Record is 5lb9oz, but there was a 6lb Perch caught from the River Thames.

Methinks you had better start checking some of these stories properly! :wink:

yea i might be wrong about the rudd and roach but ther is 5lb perch in ther and the carp and cats are all good size and getting bigger all the time

take a look at some of the pics they are a little old but still good sizes

• 1 year later...

i was also thinking about fishing this lake as it is close to where i live. if anyone has found any links to websites and other forums about information on this lake and the fish which are in it then could you please post the link.

All i know is that it use to stock fish but have no clue whether it still has fish in there or if they have all gone. After walking around it today i saw alot of rubbish in the water such as bikes and metal fences. Also there is alot of weeds and algae in the water.

• 2 months later...

hi, i actually live locally to the lake in question, and yes it is known to some as fletton lake but it is known mostly as LB1, it is a very hard water to fish but you would be very satisfied if you caught as you have to work at the fish, i know of at least 2 thirties and that there is also at least 30 high teen + fish along with pike (of which there is meant to be a monster but i have seen no proof of this), tench to at least 8lb, your normal silvers but to what size i dont know and eels to at least 4lb. All the fish i have given sizes for are fish i have seen either myself or proof of in a photo or trusted source, but they are few and far between, i like this fishery as you have to use all your water craft knowledge and work hard for your fish. As for the car park issue i would advise that you do no park in the car park as it is a hostel car park too, i would advise that you park somewhere out on the main road(fletton high street) in site of the shops where it would be safe. Tight lines

jon

hi, i actually live locally to the lake in question, and yes it is known to some as fletton lake but it is known mostly as LB1, it is a very hard water to fish but you would be very satisfied if you caught as you have to work at the fish, i know of at least 2 thirties and that there is also at least 30 high teen + fish along with pike (of which there is meant to be a monster but i have seen no proof of this), tench to at least 8lb, your normal silvers but to what size i dont know and eels to at least 4lb. All the fish i have given sizes for are fish i have seen either myself or proof of in a photo or trusted source, but they are few and far between, i like this fishery as you have to use all your water craft knowledge and work hard for your fish. As for the car park issue i would advise that you do no park in the car park as it is a hostel car park too, i would advise that you park somewhere out on the main road(fletton high street) in site of the shops where it would be safe. Tight lines

jon

Do you know if there are any catfish in there?

if you stand on the new platform at the parkway end on a hot sunny day you can see them , back in may i had a wander round and see ten or so mid doubles swimming in that bay. last year i met a guy at sibson and he had been baiting lb1 and seen a few 30+ still in there.

its too big for the northey lads to have caught all the monsters :D