Peterborough Area

malk

Hi guys, Just wandering if any of you can help me. I'm looking to find a new lake to fish in the peterborough area. Im not looking for a day ticket water, I want a proper venue that i can sink my teeth into, a place to begin a baiting campaign etc and work at my fishing. I have one particular venue id like to know some info about. Does anyone know the Ikea Depot? There's a lake in front of there visible if your on the road heading towards tesco xtra from town. It looks awesome and would be ideal if it holds carp, does anyone know?

I live in Wisbech so anywhere around Peterborough, Chatteris, March, Kings Lynn is fine.

Thanks

ive read somewhere on another forum but the lake in question is free fishing if i remember rightly ,bit dodgy on leaving your car around there apparantely quite a few undesirables around there at night,dont know what it holds if i can find where i saw about it i will let you know

Well I've done a bit of digging and the lake in question seems to be a hit with the bird watchers, known as Fletton lake amongst other names, plenty of information about birds etc no fish information. Probably going to have to get down there and have a look around. The car could be an issue.....maybe park it in ikea!?

Will they let you do that, iv parked cars in the car park but never actually in Ikea :lol::lol:

Have u fished it then? or just being funny? :lol:

Bluebells too far out of my way, i wouldn't be able to pop down after work as it would be pitch black. It's a day ticket venue too, which means rammed at the weekends and the prices for 48hours aren't my cup of tea. Thanks for the idea though.

Will they let you do that, iv parked cars in the car park but never actually in Ikea :lol::lol:

Have u fished it then? or just being funny? :lol:

Bluebells too far out of my way, i wouldn't be able to pop down after work as it would be pitch black. It's a day ticket venue too, which means rammed at the weekends and the prices for 48hours aren't my cup of tea. Thanks for the idea though.

Just being funny mate :roll::roll::roll: sorry :wink:

found out a bit more info apparantely london brick own it and yes it is free fishing apart from the obvious licence,think its known as LB1 but dont quote me on that

it has done a few thirtys and several twentys a few years ago but rumours has it that some of the fish went walkies :x

also it is advised not to night fish it alone

might be worth doing a google on LB1 brick pits or brick pits in stanground etc etc

• 1 month later...

The pit at Ikea is indeed LB1, its a real free for all around there. I dont think its been fished properly for years due to all of the trouble, you were almost gaurenteed to be attacked/mugged/hassled on that water a few years back. The pikeys do like to patrol the lake and help themselves to your tackle.

There are much better options around this area, Bluebell as previously mentioned, also the lakes at Maxey, and Baintion fisheries are well worth a look. Nearer to home for you is Willowcroft at Murrow. Whittlsey also has a few good lakes worth a look. If you want a "Real" challenge and free fishing then have a look at the old brick pits at Eye, mega deep, mega hard !!

I know people who have fished LB1, i was going t ofish there for a season a little while back. I didn't hear of too much trouble at the time it is a nice looking lake though and one i do fancy having a shot at when the time it right.

Was a club water a few years back (70s) i think and there was some history of stocking and the carp were present then and into double figures at the time.

• 4 months later...
Hi guys, Just wandering if any of you can help me. I'm looking to find a new lake to fish in the peterborough area. Im not looking for a day ticket water, I want a proper venue that i can sink my teeth into, a place to begin a baiting campaign etc and work at my fishing. I have one particular venue id like to know some info about. Does anyone know the Ikea Depot? There's a lake in front of there visible if your on the road heading towards tesco xtra from town. It looks awesome and would be ideal if it holds carp, does anyone know?

I live in Wisbech so anywhere around Peterborough, Chatteris, March, Kings Lynn is fine.

Thanks

some of the Waters around Cambridgeshire, Earith Carp Lakes, and Ron Middleton's Ashmire syndicate, both Season Ticket.

Virginia Water, Earith was a very good water for me. I think I had in the region of a few hundred fish over 2years and plenty of Good twenties. Ian Jones is the person to call 07799199256(?)( and there may now be a waiting list), or have a look at the website:www.earith-carp-lakes.co.uk (I think from memory)

Also near Cambridge you have the Ponds at Milton (Hit the search facility as they have all been mentioned before)

Thanks

werrington lakes is a good place to fish if you dont want day ticket fishing

they have 2 lakes, the larget lake has carp up to 40lbs and cat fish 50lbs+

the smalier lake has 25lb to 30lbs CARP, 25lb+ CATS, 10lb+TENCH, + ROACH, PERCH, RUDD and also BREAM and the odd 17lb+ pike

no day tickets i think its £600 for the big lake wich has a waiting list at the mo and runs from june till june (1 year)

26 members on big lake

the small lake is £300 from june till june (1 year)

8 members on the small lake

the smalier lake has 25lb to 30lbs CARP, 25lb+ CATS, 10lb+TENCH, 8lb+ ROACH, 5lb+ PERCH, 5lb+ RUDD and also BREAM and the odd 17lb+ pike

You are joking, right? :?:lol:

nope i have pics to prov it

the biggest fish out ov the big lake todate is 39lb 6 i will post some pics ov the fish soon

the smalier lake has 25lb to 30lbs CARP, 25lb+ CATS, 10lb+TENCH, 8lb+ ROACH, 5lb+ PERCH, 5lb+ RUDD and also BREAM and the odd 17lb+ pike

the biggest fish out ov the big lake todate is 39lb 6 i will post some pics ov the fish soon

I can't wait to see pictures of an 8lb Roach & a 5lb Rudd :wink:

I can't wait to see pictures of an 8lb Roach & a 5lb Rudd :wink:

lol .... 8lb roach !!