Shot on the hook from Today's thought.

Higham1987

18 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Yeah I wont use a rig balanced in that way, I have the hook laying flat with anything balanced.  Blunting and asking to pick up debris IMO

20 hours ago, jh92 said:

Think I would give it a miss to be honest mate, just another thing to question if I'm not catching 🤣 I do like these under water videos, I know they are mainly plugging products but you can learn a lot from the carps behaviour etc. 

I was having a chat with a different angler about the current video and was discussing about when one of the Carp literally turned 180 and bee lined to the pop up, we reckon it was done off vision and not smell if that makes sense.

spacer.png

I don't understand this presentation, surely fishing this on a hard bottom will dramatically increase blunting your hook when you go to retrieve it?

Look at the rig right at end of video ive just put in thread....

Edited by Higham1987

3 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

Look at the rig right at end of video ive just put in thread....

Yeah it's not for me, if I wanted it off the bottom I'd use a pop-up rig, but I'm sure it works just like all rigs work in the right situation.  I have 2 rigs that do it all and both are versions of the multi rig.  They want to sell us all sorts of stuff to put a rig together, when you start needing swivels to connect the hook and pointless weights I'm out.

But if I start blanking badly I might revisit lol

Edited by kevtaylor