Which reels should I keep?

I had to do some serious thinking and whilst I think the emblems look nicer, cooler and yes they are lighter and narrower, they just aren't as usable, the drag isn't good, the 8ks are smooth, the drag works brilliantly, they have better line lay and they've never let me down. I think I am also just so used to the weight that the emblems felt a little odd too. 😳

I would like to keep them but sadly I need to buy some new bits to make one decent set up 

On my recent trip it was the 1st time in awhile that I used the 8k,  been using the 6000s up till then, and I was a bit rusty took a couple of casts and was fine then but even messed up using the sticks the 8k felt huge. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I kept the 8k, I used them last time with the new rods, have to say I am dead chuffed with the set up IMG_20240810_083351.thumb.jpg.7f5ca4e9a3b74f93276fe17f316c994b.jpg

Does look good, although your reel handles and indicators aren't level...

Mine never are either, even on the rod pod.

14 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Does look good, although your reel handles and indicators aren't level...

Mine never are either, even on the rod pod.

That was in the morning I had given up by then 😂 they were level when they went out initially.