Pigeon conditioner

16 hours ago, mrmud said:

If I'm honest I thought I was clever buying other stuff than what got recommended as it had more seeds but there's these red pellets in there that burn to the pan and is tainting the seed with a burnt tinge so I need to get something else.

I will probably eventually try something with aniseed to compare the difference on I actually start catching.

Not sure if I've been fishing or camping lately lol

If you get some bird foods they have suet or fat pellets in them, and they definitely become a sticky congealed mess if you boil them up.

I've been camping, swearing at swans and pike...

On 04/07/2024 at 09:03, kevtaylor said:

Makes sense about the pellets.

Not a bait expert but I know my particle mix came from Hinders, I did think it was good at that time.  I've bought prepared from Kent Particles which were OK and my mate recently bought his Tigers etc from Blakes Baits.

Pellets we get from British Aqua Feeds (BAF)

On 04/07/2024 at 10:09, jh92 said:

If you do go for one with aniseed in, I recommend bucktons pigeon conditioner, smells lovely when prepped 🤙

I'm going to give the codpock mill stuff a whirl that @salokcinnodrog & @elmoputney recommended.

Thanks for the recommendation I will try the bucktons when I've actually managed to boil some particles and not burn them 😔.

Will check out blakes for the tigers, just need to find a decent price on hemp.

On 04/07/2024 at 10:20, salokcinnodrog said:

If you get some bird foods they have suet or fat pellets in them, and they definitely become a sticky congealed mess if you boil them up.

I've been camping, swearing at swans and pike...

The swans have cleared off from where I'm fishing. I fed him plenty of dog biscuits in the end n he'd get full n go away for abit 🤷🏽‍♂️, the pike aint gone nowhere though.

Atleast it's camping with a view lol. Most campers just look at a field of tents.

5 hours ago, mrmud said:

I'm going to give the codpock mill stuff a whirl that @salokcinnodrog & @elmoputney recommended.

Thanks for the recommendation I will try the bucktons when I've actually managed to boil some particles and not burn them 😔.

Will check out blakes for the tigers, just need to find a decent price on hemp.

Gladwells hemp is around £38.99, although recently it has had a few twigs in there. I don't think any hemp is as good as it was a few years ago.

I do my particles in a big pan on the cooker. Bring to the boil and then turn down to as low as it will go for around 15minutes.

I often add extra water before I boil it so no chance of it boiling dry