Pop Ups - What Style Of Hook To Use

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Thanks very much , Nick .

😃

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Thanks , Nick .

I have to be careful regarding Solar 101's and Kamasan B175's as the waters I fish say I can only use manufactured barbless hooks 😢 .

If you need to use barbless, I would use something with a beaked point, wide gape, J precision long gape or krank. I've used barbless a few times recently and not suffered any losses using a beaked point. 

I've gone full circle tbh I never used to use a beak point at all,then I lost a load on straight points now they are pretty much all I use. 

Thanks for all the kicker suggestions, I think I might just buy some and test them against one another and see which works best for me 

On 10/06/2024 at 07:19, salokcinnodrog said:

I have no pretensions or ideas as to its name. I started playing around ages ago and came up with this to totally confuse the fish on the edge of weed and silt.

Since then I saw John Claridge use something similar in an article and online.

I don't know if the Gardner Covert Rig kickers and aligners would work for you?

There is also a weighted version for Ronnies.

I have a tendency to do all my rig tying and  shrink tube in one hit.

That might mean tying up 5 or 10 rigs at a time then having that many sat on the spout of the electric kettle...

Going back to @crusian and the original question, I have been through my tackle box and rig bins, and found some pop-up rigs tied on Kamasan B175's, knotless knotted, rig ring tied to the hair and with shrink tube over the eye Bent Hook Rig style.

I had tied them specifically for Chantry Park and Hintlesham Bottom Lake.

Thank you Nick.