From what i understand, Carp will pick up most food items, out of curiosity as much as anything else.

It's getting said food item in the right spot that matters, more than what it is.

I have heard a few Polish guys using potato and uncooked pasta.

I've not tried that myself, peperami is as adventurous as I've gone

10 hours ago, Carl walker said:

I’ve heard that carp have been caught on jelly babies  marshmallows and even bubblegum balls ? Is this true?

Yes!

I'd say that bait experimentation for carp fishing has quite possibly stagnated.

Probably the biggest time with bait for carp fishing was in the late 1960's and early 1970's, when various anglers were coming up with new ideas; the invention of the boilie, using tinned meats like Spam, particles and even experimenting with jelly babies, dolly mixtures, marshmallows, dog biscuits.

Now carp fishing is just a spod mix with boilie over the top

22 hours ago, commonly said:

From what i understand, Carp will pick up most food items, out of curiosity as much as anything else.

It's getting said food item in the right spot that matters, more than what it is.

I have heard a few Polish guys using potato and uncooked pasta.

I've not tried that myself, peperami is as adventurous as I've gone

Potato was a big bait late 1960's in the Jack Hilton era

Wow! Guys ! Thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated!! I was thinking about a sweet n sour kind of mix in a pva bag ? Like a mix of mashed dry roasted peanuts, fizzy cola bottles spam , all chopped up into small bits , bit of bread crusts , you know , all sorts of bizarre things?.. now I’ve a reservoir by me and I recall it being drained down in 90 due to blue/green algae breakout , so I kinda know where the deep areas are and where it starts to drop off to the deeper places , obviously I don’t know how deep the deeper places are ?, should I pick a place where I know it slopes off to the deeper places? As I know not how deep the carp like to dive to ? And what depth they like to feed at ? Does anyone know that kinda thing? Or am I just being too dumb??!!!!

2 hours ago, Carl walker said:

Wow! Guys ! Thanks for the advice it’s much appreciated!! I was thinking about a sweet n sour kind of mix in a pva bag ? Like a mix of mashed dry roasted peanuts, fizzy cola bottles spam , all chopped up into small bits , bit of bread crusts , you know , all sorts of bizarre things?.. now I’ve a reservoir by me and I recall it being drained down in 90 due to blue/green algae breakout , so I kinda know where the deep areas are and where it starts to drop off to the deeper places , obviously I don’t know how deep the deeper places are ?, should I pick a place where I know it slopes off to the deeper places? As I know not how deep the carp like to dive to ? And what depth they like to feed at ? Does anyone know that kinda thing? Or am I just being too dumb??!!!!

You can’t just use peanuts like that as they need to be prepared 

if you do go down that route then they really need grinding into a powder 

why not just use a groundbait and add the bits to that
bread is the main constituent of groundbait anyway so you are not doing anything radical

12 hours ago, Carl walker said:

Peanuts are a thread in themselves!

Not particularly good for carp, they have to be prepared properly, and once soaked for a minimum of 24hours boiled for around 20minutes.

I save my unused bread, the crust ends, dry it out then grind it up and use it as the base for groundbait.

Depthwise, I've fished a couple of reservoirs, one every fish came in around 6feet of water, the other most of the takes came in depths between 6 and 9 feet, although I did have 2 on pop-ups at 12feet deep.

Once the water came up to normal level, the fish moved up  the shelf and takes then came at 6-9feet. It seemed to be their preferred feeding depth in high or low water level.

Bear in mind, high water level was approximately 3metres deeper than low water level! 

Thanks very much !, yeah I’ll grind nuts down and use the dried crusts blended up with a managerie of sweetcorn , luncheon meat corned beef , and I’ve some special zingy jellies sweets that Mike’s my mouth go ooh !! So illl make up some pva bags using all sorts of known and unknown things all prepped in pva bags ready for spring  plus I know some nice sloping banks under water that when they drained the Rez down in 90 when I was a kid i think I’m gonna focus there ?!! So I’ll keep you posted as I go …. Wish me luck and thanks for your support