Tall one man bivvy.

Is there such a thing as a one man bivvy that's tall enough to stand up in? I've just got a syndicate ticket on a local water and the JRC 2-man XXL 2G Monster Thingy I usually use won't fit into several of the swims.

I've grown used to the comfort and convenience of a tall bivvy but need a relatively small footprint.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

Ian.

The fox looks tall 

not sure on the rest of it though 

it is one man 

https://www.foxint.com/home/product/fox-r-series-1-person-xl-bivvy?c=shelters

Tempest 100t not far behind height wise but it is a brolly 

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/trakker-tempest-fishing-brolly-100t?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhenSjeDh_wIVFfntCh1v0gd3EAAYASAAEgKnXPD_BwE

Edited by framey

I've got the fox frontier xl. I'm 5'10" and can almost stand straight. It also has an almost flat back, but is deeper than most 1 man bivvies, but has loads of room. Great bit of kit and is up in less than 2 minutes from unzipping the bag.

Edited by InteraX

19 hours ago, welder said:

Is there such a thing as a one man bivvy that's tall enough to stand up in? I've just got a syndicate ticket on a local water and the JRC 2-man XXL 2G Monster Thingy I usually use won't fit into several of the swims.

I've grown used to the comfort and convenience of a tall bivvy but need a relatively small footprint.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

Ian.

Do any of the Solar bivvies fit the bill?

https://www.solartackle.co.uk/products/bivvies-shelters/new-south-westerly-pro-uni-spider-bivvy-(bivvy-onl

17 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

have a look at the screen houses that a few of the brands do, Nash and Fox come to mind - they look tall and have a fairly small footprint👍

Been looking at the Avid Screen house, looks abit of kit.

What about the Ridgemonkey Escapes ??

2 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Don't like mine for several reasons, apart from as a weird cookhouse I have no use for it, and the 1 man version isn't that tall either.

It is for sale lol

I've been looking at em lately, I'm going through a bivvy phase at moment 🙄🙄.

1 minute ago, Highy said:

I've been looking at em lately, I'm going through a bivvy phase at moment 🙄🙄.

FX1 Std: For me personally it is way too heavy, I'd have to do a second trip with the barrow and getting it in the car on my own can be a struggle.

Size wise my Solar bedchair poles touch the bivvy poles on each side and there is only about 1.5 - 2 feet between the bedchair and bivvy front with the bedchair pushed right back touching the fabric, so internal space is too small - yet it looks big outside.

Condensation wetting the bedchair because the bed has to be pushed right back.  The 2nd sheet covers a bit of the top and is not effective one bit.

Pack down size - it's massive 6 ft plus, over a foot wide and about 6 inches deep.

A nut fell off on mine meaning the side bars were un-useable, luckily I spotted it on the patio but had to take the bivvy completely apart on that side to fix it, customer service was good at giving the advice I asked for straight away, cannot fault that.

Nice windows, good quality fabric.  Door too wide so it sags when letter box style.

12 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

FX1 Std: For me personally it is way too heavy, I'd have to do a second trip with the barrow and getting it in the car on my own can be a struggle.

Size wise my Solar bedchair poles touch the bivvy poles on each side and there is only about 1.5 - 2 feet between the bedchair and bivvy front with the bedchair pushed right back touching the fabric, so internal space is too small - yet it looks big outside.

Condensation wetting the bedchair because the bed has to be pushed right back.  The 2nd sheet covers a bit of the top and is not effective one bit.

Pack down size - it's massive 6 ft plus, over a foot wide and about 6 inches deep.

A nut fell off on mine meaning the side bars were un-useable, luckily I spotted it on the patio but had to take the bivvy completely apart on that side to fix it, customer service was good at giving the advice I asked for straight away, cannot fault that.

Nice windows, good quality fabric.  Door too wide so it sags when letter box style.

Not really worth a look then ?

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Everything is worth a look mate, might work for you there are plus points no doubt.  Overall quality is good.

I'm at that point again were I'm looking at bivvys, Don't get me wrong the Tempest is great, but I don't rthink it's all that.

Quick put up n take down, and built well.

But I'm used to a darker bivvy, (light shines through brightly) but with cap on its Ok.

I'm just not feeling it, I'm.looking at some of the Aquatex models, Fox Frontier XD, bivvys like that.

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'm at that point again were I'm looking at bivvys, Don't get me wrong the Tempest is great, but I don't rthink it's all that.

Quick put up n take down, and built well.

But I'm used to a darker bivvy, (light shines through brightly) but with cap on its Ok.

I'm just not feeling it, I'm.looking at some of the Aquatex models, Fox Frontier XD, bivvys like that.

I'm getting the Avid HQ Dual Layer 1 man no doubt whatsoever, got the 2 man and several other shelters and brolleys but that's the one IMO for me anyway. 👍