Food for thought

live in the far southwest of France, near the Pyrenees. Carp fishing is not as popular here as it is in the UK. Many people still catch carp to eat, and they see releasing fish back into the water as an English custom. Food is more important than fishing. In fact, some places have to advertise that their lakes have a "no kill" policy. Interestingly, they use the English phrase "no kill."

I once saw some anglers with carp gear and asked if they had any luck. They said, "No, we just got here and haven't even lit our barbecue yet."

Living here is like stepping back in time. Our location is so rural and remote that it makes Brigadoon look like a busy capital city. Which brings me to the point of my story.

I was scouting potential lakes to fish this year, and on the edge of a tiny hamlet near my favourite lake, I came across a pizza vending machine. I guess they must be very common and popular in the UK, but here, in the middle of nowhere, it seems rather incongruous. However, I intend to give it a go next time I fish there. It will save me from having to cook.

apizzaphoto.thumb.jpg.caa3fa2c38841d790ef1b744aab85544.jpg

21 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I’ve never seen a pizza machine in the uk! 

We are always the last to hear about anything new in the outside world so I assumed they must be a common sight in UK.

Still, if I understand it correctly, in UK you can have just about anything delivered to your swim by companies like “Deliverance”,

16 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

We are always the last to hear about anything new in the outside world so I assumed they must be a common sight in UK.

Still, if I understand it correctly, in UK you can have just about anything delivered to your swim by companies like “Deliverance”,

Very true mate! 

1 hour ago, carpepecheur said:

Probably a French , Arthur Daley out to make a few euros .

😁