monument fisheries

Im writing this as i sit on peg 6 at the monument.

The story about the fake corn being banned is rubbish. Dave the bailiff said Rob gave a interview to the angling times and in that they asked him if he had ever considered banning fake corn. He answered by saying it had been thought over once but would not be happening at the fishery,however they decided to spin it as it was being considered and put the story to print.

Fishing has been very slow this weekend with the carp not having any of it. Only two fish (to this point (3:40pm) have come out,both to my brother in law. He had a 25lb 14oz and 16lb 4oz on saturday. Nothing since....

Finished 2 fish all weekend.

I dont know about the monument.....more like a monumental was of time and money this weekend turned out to be.

But i guess if your not on the bank,you aint gonna catch.

Ive set up a Monument forum for everyone who has been there to share picture,tips etc and ask for advice if your booked on to go there, its at

http://monumentforum.fairtopic.com

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im of to the monument this week end on were on pegs 8, 9 an 10 any advice any one :D

did do but in all fairness alot can change from week to week on a water

mate fished last week,peg 6.add 2 fish both on sweetcorn.peg 8 cast straight out abt 60 yards mate.go on web site an go round on pegs.dave taylor an rob go threw all features.

• 2 weeks later...

I am there for the third time this weekend..third time lucky I hope. In my experience so many methods have worked for one or two people at one time or other. Bed of maggots with a bunch on a hair clip bed of corn with 3 on a hair. I have got peg 2 this time and I am going to bait up a 2m circle in the margin by the boat with corn and leve that one there all weekend, and the other rod I am going to mix it up every 4 hours with boilies, stringed..bagged..smashed and spodded going to try the SbS and the other ones they do there if all else fails gonna hit my own brand of Chokkie and Nut !! kif none of that works I am gonna go and get me a curry on the way home :shock:

Well the curry was nice !!!

1 bloke ..A young local expert who appeared to be familiar to the fishery, caught 10 Yes 10!! and guess what with black foam over a bed of pellets and corn on a zig 4 foot off the bottom. I love it when I take to my clothing and headrests in the car with the scissors to get black foam.:) ..I had 1 run middle of the night dropped as I got to my rods. We all know that you will only stand a really good chance of catching on 1 of 4 hot pegs, 4, 6,7 ,13 and as word gets around and people read forums like this there will be a 5 years waiting list for these pegs, it’s like a big game of hook a duck over there! no one fishes to the features they just spod out bucket loads of bait into the middle and hope for the best. I think a big fish looks allot better that a fattened fish..Hey maybe that’s just me. Plus Rob Hales is not a man of his word either, following a complaint, I was given a discounted session at the Monument where I would just pay the £30 to fish, also Rob himself was supposed to visit the fishery, say hello and give some tips and advice for my session as way of an apology, neither happened, I was charged £40 to fish, and I received no visit at all, but at least this time the manager on Duty, Dave was very helpful and a nice guy, I am copying in the monument on this posting. I will not be going back

• 2 months later...
If you think the Monument is pricey, check out the prices on one of Rob Hale's other lakes at Acton Burnell. £2,000 for a week's fishing? I'd rather cut off a nut thankyou!

from one who knows about such things mate...you wouldnt :lol::lol::wink:

If you think the Monument is pricey, check out the prices on one of Rob Hale's other lakes at Acton Burnell. £2,000 for a week's fishing? I'd rather cut off a nut thankyou!

Sorry Del, i disagree. 2 grand for a week? I'd rather cut off one of Andys' nuts off too.

OK then, I'll accept a hearty kick in the plums instead! That'd still be preferable to spending £2k for a week's fishing, never mind the size of the fish.