monument fisheries

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

me and my dad are planing a trip to the monument fishery in next month

whats it like ? is it tidy and well kept . is it likely to be really buisy ? i think were going to to a 2-3 day session , what are the fish like ?

i'm not tryin to be like " what bait what rig what feature ect was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on this lake

thanks

Of all the places in the country, why the monument

Rammed with carp to 50 pound :D .............. i know what you mean though, its not my sort of water either.

All credit to rob hales though. Hes created a place which allows instant anglers to catch huge carp, and hes done well in taking advantage of the demand for these waters.

Idealy these arent the sort of waters i wish to see created around the country, however i think its a harsh reality and something we have to put up with :(

p.s if all the noddys congruate in one place it can only be a good thing? ....... it means the waters i like to fish arent going to be as busy :lol: no offence luthermax.

• 1 month later...

The monument lake is a decent lake that is rammed full of big fish. It has got 2 45lb + (Pet and Scattered Linear) upto 49lb 12oz which was caught the last time I was at the lake a year ago. (Not caught by me I was 2 pegs away)

Best times to go are April/May and end of summer as fish are at their biggest weights.

The fish may not be 100% true english fish, but why not have a lake over here where we can catch massive fish.

Robs new lake Monument 2 will be stocked with even bigger fish and more commons.

Great prospects.

Have a read of carp-talk they have a weekly catch report of most big day ticket waters.

If you read the mag not many are taken out in a weeks fishing on the monument, but to be fare what is caught is usually a decent fish.

Also im pretty sure you dont pick a peg you have to draw a peg out of a hat. Not eveyones cup of tea but its a fare way, saves arguing with other anglers!

I have fished the monument 3 times and blanked in the last 18 months, :roll: it's a great place to fish tho was there 4 weeks ago.

Zig rigs are pulling the fish out lately and when i was there, with the water temp moving up now going to keep zig on 1 rod now every were i go over next couple of months. worms good bait at the monument along with maggots but they are no banned till winter months.

When i was there last month bloke across the lake had 6 fish on Zig rig butt with maggies, he had been 6 times and blanked so gives you hope when you here other carpers have struggled and then bang fish jumping on to his line. So i will say this fished it 3 times and blanked, and carn't wait to go back in sept great place and always the chance of a fish of a life time. :lol:

Sniffer that is good attitude to have as I have been to the lake over twenty times now, but I didnt catch a fish until my thirteenth visit, since then I have only blanked once. Every fish has been over twenty pounds bar one, and have had multiple fish on six visits.

I am back on there this weekend in Peg 3 hoping to catch the Pet at over 50lb which it should be at this time of year.

Tight Lines.

have been a couple of times and managed to catch each time. As sally mentioned earlier the water is not as easy as many think, with the fish being under constant pressure they tend to wise up quickly. Its a shame that maggots are now banned as two of my fish came to those off peg 3( the other to a tutti off peg 11). The best advice I can offer is dont over complicate things and try small pva bags or stringers. the margins betwwen 2 and 3 are worth a shot but dont seem to be that good anywhere elese on the pool which is a bit strange as it is pretty quite at night . The peg by peg guide on the website is worth watching but remember its only a guide.

The very best of luck and let us know how you do................Dave

Of all the places in the country, why the monument

Rammed with carp to 50 pound :D .............. i know what you mean though, its not my sort of water either.

All credit to rob hales though. Hes created a place which allows instant anglers to catch huge carp, and hes done well in taking advantage of the demand for these waters.

Idealy these arent the sort of waters i wish to see created around the country, however i think its a harsh reality and something we have to put up with :(

p.s if all the noddys congruate in one place it can only be a good thing? ....... it means the waters i like to fish arent going to be as busy :lol: no offence luthermax.

are you kidding me this is designed for the likes of you and me to go there feed his fish they gain weight so he can move them on to his other syndicate waters where they will not get as much bait cause the syndicate guys learn where the fish feed handfull of bait rig over the top and away they go why no maggots because everybody was using them at the place so no high protien boilies and pellets going in maggots are a poor diet for large fish so the fish gain no weight not good for buisness rammed with carp hardly the place is not big enought ask yourself why one of his famous big big carp water has now gone to day ticket NOT ENOUGHT BAIT GOING IN !!!!!!

am planning trip to monument fisheries :D:D .has anyone got any tips,or advice :):) .thanks :D:D

should have watched wet nets last night on tele :lol:

what and watch rob hales best mate fish a pre baited swim. do you think they would of showed the same programme if matt had blanked !!!!!!

travelled to The Monument a year or so ago around christmas time and was turned away with the excuse that there was a sliver of ice on one side of the lake which was deemed to be a danger for the fish by the bailiff.. you could break it with a pea shingle it was that thin.... however, the bailiff wasn't aware we'd overheard him speaking to the bossman that it wasn't worth opening because only 5 anglers were there to fish so he didn't want to pay the bailiff with little revenue coming in to fund his time... we did the pleading bit because we'd travelled over a hundred miles to get there but to no avail, it simply wasn't commercially sound for the guy..... will never step foot on the banks of that lake again for what it's worth