monument fisheries

am planning trip to monument fisheries :D:D .has anyone got any tips,or advice :):) .thanks :D:D

should have watched wet nets last night on tele :lol:

what and watch rob hales best mate fish a pre baited swim. do you think they would of showed the same programme if matt had blanked !!!!!!

I have never fished the Monument or any of the other RH waters so can't comment on what they are like.

The comment I can make is 'you have a choice'. If you don't want to spend your money there or don't agree with his ideas then don't go. Simple.

As for Gap's post. That's not on what they did there mate and if it happened to me then I wouldn't go back either.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I called the Monument the other day to see if the price i had heard was right. It was £60 for 24 hours fishing!

Im not tight with my money but i would think twice about spending it there. 2 weekends fishing is the same as a week in france!

It used to be for 36 hours (day, night, day)

I thought these were the only sessions available. :?

I called the Monument the other day to see if the price i had heard was right. It was £60 for 24 hours fishing!

Im not tight with my money but i would think twice about spending it there. 2 weekends fishing is the same as a week in france!

It used to be for 36 hours (day, night, day)

I thought these were the only sessions available. :?

They are

here is some info mate :wink:

The Monument Fishery

Lamledge Lane

Shifnal

Shropshire

TF11 8BE

36 hour session ticket. Cost £30 per day per swim i.e. £60 for 36 hour session.

Monday 6:45am – until Tuesday evening at dusk

Thursday 6:45am – until Friday evening at dusk

Saturday 6:45am – until Sunday evening at dusk

Telephone: 01952 463141

• 1 month later...

Myself and a friend have just booked a session at the monument for the 12th & 13th of june. Been meaning to go for a while now. It looks a tidy well kept place to fish. Its got to be worth a go even if it is 60 quid for 36 hours.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I blanked there in September on peg 10, It was on the whole quite a good experience not alot coming out though while I was there, i am involved with a fishery and we would be worried if only 12 fish a week were coming out, no matter how big they were. Maybe people will stop going other big venues are pulling 40's 50's and even 60's out on 36hr tickets now, even in the winter minths

due to go again soon, see how we get on then, if I was the owner though I would read threads like this and what others have to say. People can turn quickly an not bother going at all

• 3 months later...

alot of people having bad views of rob hales success, monument fishery. I paid £500 for week in france just for chance of 50lbr, didnt get one, place looked similiar to monument and was run similiar, no-one minds going france fishing lakes overstocked with massive carp, whats wrong with same thing in uk.?

ive not got a problem with rob hales i think the monument is over fished,plus when it is closed on a wednesday i dont think there is any reason to put in 50 kilo of bait in the one bait that did catch the carp maggots he banned,idont think it as fished well for 2 years

• 3 weeks later...

Was there recently, The young balif was unhelpful and rude. I can't imagine that Rob would pay that much to produce those features for the balif to sit inside and not even show you around your swim. We got caught in snow nearly didnt make it and arrived a few hours late, having phoned ahead to explain.

We though to make the most of our time a nice recce of our swim with the balif would give us a fighting chance, Instead when asked about the features he didnt move from his chair, but grumbled "invariably 30yards".

The positive points were how genuinely nice and helpful all the other anglers were, they were more than helpful in detailing our swims and the tactics that they were using on the day, shame they weren't on the payroll!

To be honest I drove 8 hours through the night to get there, and would go again. But I really would think twice if that baliff was working.

• 3 weeks later...

Going there this weekend.

Fake corn is being considered to be banned from the water as they recently pulled loads of snapped up rigs from the bottom only to see they still have a perfect presentation of corn. So they are saying that despite the rigs being break offs,they are still 'fishing'.

Good water,this is the 4th time we have been there,my best from there is a 26lb mirror off peg 5. Sat next to a bloke last time who had 7 fish in the weekend,and also lost 3 others.

Let you know how we get on.