The anglers amnesty thread

elmoputney

6 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Strangely enough I just sold a Nash Siren to one of the guys on my syndicate to make up a set of 3 for his dad's fishing.

I found it walking along the River this winter, along with a ND PTFE bobbin.

I was sewing the landing net mesh this week to increase the number of holes, (work that out 🤣)

I can't however repair the Spomb I broke. The nose release broke on impact and is somewhere in the lake.

Spombs always break, I could be tempted by a wolf one but I would only stuff it up a tree 😂

My toy bait boat has annoyed me today, catch doesn't always open, I gave up and went old school and cast 2 rods in the end, I can see why people hate them now 😂

44 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Spombs always break, I could be tempted by a wolf one but I would only stuff it up a tree 😂

My toy bait boat has annoyed me today, catch doesn't always open, I gave up and went old school and cast 2 rods in the end, I can see why people hate them now 😂

Love mine me 😁😁

On 08/04/2022 at 12:12, Pete Springate's Guns said:

I’m pretty much with you on this. However, time waits for no man and as I’ve aged I’ve had to invest in a decent Bedchair and Chair; opting for the Solar SP C-Tech versions for both. Not cheap but I’ve been impressed with the quality and my back has thanked me for it. In actual fact, I believe the chair to be a real aid-I can watch the water for hours in comfort!

100% agree about the bed. By far the best one I've had. Not that I fish for carp nowadays which is lucky as I get an amazing night's kip when I use it camping. 

7 hours ago, emmcee said:

100% agree about the bed. By far the best one I've had. Not that I fish for carp nowadays which is lucky as I get an amazing night's kip when I use it camping. 

Emmcee how are you ? I seem to remember that you got into sea fishing a few years ago so have you packed in the carp game all together? I seem to remember you catching some right lumps 

9 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Emmcee how are you ? I seem to remember that you got into sea fishing a few years ago so have you packed in the carp game all together? I seem to remember you catching some right lumps 

I'm good thanks stevo .  Yes I've got the sea fishing bug good and proper. I didn't fish for carp at all last year and that for me  is rarer than rocking horse poop but i didn't miss it. The year before that I only went because of travel restrictions etc during covid as I'm 90mins from my nearest beach.

I've not renewed my syndicate lake ticket this year but I have kept hold of one ticket as its a proper history water that's had its highs through the 80's and 90's ,though been through a low the last 15 - 20 years but its been slowly  restocked over the last  5 - 10 yrs with a few different strains of carp mainly in single figures that are now doing 20's and low 30's and I reckon it will be doing 40's before too long. I've got a couple of social sessions planned on there this year to have catch ups with mates but sea fishing is for me at this moment in time.

The  never really knowing what's on the end of your line is huge buzz for me. Different species are about through the seasons and if you're lucky you can eat a few and it doesn't get any fresher than that. Plus working out tides, features, watercraft in the sea is a whole new ball game and a challenge which carp fishing for me had become stale and boring. Also, if you know the stock of the lake then you know pretty much know what you're going to catch, no real mystery to it anymore. 

Hope you're well mate. 

22 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I'm good thanks stevo .  Yes I've got the sea fishing bug good and proper. I didn't fish for carp at all last year and that for me  is rarer than rocking horse poop but i didn't miss it. The year before that I only went because of travel restrictions etc during covid as I'm 90mins from my nearest beach.

I've not renewed my syndicate lake ticket this year but I have kept hold of one ticket as its a proper history water that's had its highs through the 80's and 90's ,though been through a low the last 15 - 20 years but its been slowly  restocked over the last  5 - 10 yrs with a few different strains of carp mainly in single figures that are now doing 20's and low 30's and I reckon it will be doing 40's before too long. I've got a couple of social sessions planned on there this year to have catch ups with mates but sea fishing is for me at this moment in time.

The  never really knowing what's on the end of your line is huge buzz for me. Different species are about through the seasons and if you're lucky you can eat a few and it doesn't get any fresher than that. Plus working out tides, features, watercraft in the sea is a whole new ball game and a challenge which carp fishing for me had become stale and boring. Also, if you know the stock of the lake then you know pretty much know what you're going to catch, no real mystery to it anymore. 

Hope you're well mate. 

Fair enough mate,yes I’m all good thanks.

I did something similar that carp angling took a back seat and I spent time on the rivers and also targeted other species by design instead of lucky catches on the carp rods although I still have the odd session i class myself as an all round numpty instead of a carp numpty nowadays 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve still not had a session on the Mersey for the rays even tho I’m literally 5 mins away something I’ve promised myself to do and my angling buddy is a decent sea angler it’s the old too many fish not enough time to catch ‘em all 🙄🤣🤣

Glad your enjoying your angling matey.

50 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Fair enough mate,yes I’m all good thanks.

I did something similar that carp angling took a back seat and I spent time on the rivers and also targeted other species by design instead of lucky catches on the carp rods although I still have the odd session i class myself as an all round numpty instead of a carp numpty nowadays 🤣🤣🤣

I’ve still not had a session on the Mersey for the rays even tho I’m literally 5 mins away something I’ve promised myself to do and my angling buddy is a decent sea angler it’s the old too many fish not enough time to catch ‘em all 🙄🤣🤣

Glad your enjoying your angling matey.

I see quite a lot of reports regarding rays from the Mersey. Bit of a trek for me that though. And as you say, it's all about enjoying yourself and I wasn't really, just going through the motions as it were. I've got a new spring in my step so all good. 

40 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I see quite a lot of reports regarding rays from the Mersey. Bit of a trek for me that though. And as you say, it's all about enjoying yourself and I wasn't really, just going through the motions as it were. I've got a new spring in my step so all good. 

Yes mate would be a bit far for you I actually work alongside the Mersey that’s how close I am but the better marks are a 15min car journey for me my mate informs me it’s getting quite a reputation for the rays up this end. When I was a kid the Mersey was just a polluted dirty  hole but it’s cleaned up over the years.

Glad your enjoying your angling matey