bivvy material

My last bivvy was sold as oxford nylon, 5000 hh with the outer coating, for a single skin with no vents it was a nice dry bivvy in the summer but really uncomfortable when wet through. noticed most bivvys these days are sold as polyester 210d and a 5000 hh, is that the same as the oxford nylon 210 just called polyester as you don't see bivvys sold as nylon these days.

I'm thinking of sticking with a two rib really like the prologic range Avenger/Inspire there is a 100 notes difference in the two the inspire being made with better pro tex fabric the avenger is 210 polyester 500hh  or the advanta which is the cheapest two rib that looks like it has a few years in it.

Really hard to find buyer reviews on the prologic, but there kit is normally solid. 

To  be honest I've not heard anything of the Prologic... a buddy has an advanta bivvy (an old 2 man) and he loves it, to be honest I'd always go for an established name in bivvies JRC is a good make and reliable and quite reasonably priced... sorry I can't help further...

Good luck👍

I don't get it at all, the nylon ones are the cheapest, the polyesters ones are mid range then you have the made up brand name stuff tuff tex, not even sure what that is, looks like i will get the JRC protector with peak and wrap for 200 got all the vents.

I'm super temted to get something from cypreanus their storm bivvy looks nice but they do get a few bad reviews for some of their kit, the K60 looks good but said to fade and can be a sod to pack away. the storm looks ok though. 

never mind the material seem to all be different grades of polyester the more expensive are thicker with a diagonal stitch in the weave offers better air exchange, just when you think you have found one there is always a niggle, i'm not a big chap by any means but 130 cm headroom is just not for me, so that counts out a the typhoon and storm, the tempest would need to be the XL version which is a bit pricey for 210d and extra for a door. hmm... 

Looked at some of the advanta they do a nice tall one with the extra skin but it's 300 which is a lot for what could be a lemon plus they seem to be a frame wrestler going by reviews, i do like the two rib style had one of the early pop ups years back not bad can't remember the brand it was just before pram hoods came out, put it up by standing on a line and shoving up the brolly type mech.

same for the jrc peak and wrap it's near the same price as the ASX by sonik which seems best value but if i can i think it will be one from prologic. but that could change 😆

To avenger or inspire seems to be the end choice i'd grab the avenger but it doesn't have mozzi front doors i think the aspire at 350ish is a solid buy for me ticks all boxes bar price but it does look like a good solid bit of kit.

I see quest still sell bivvys thought they went bust? they do a centre block bivvy for around 300, looks a bit dodgy fragile called the deifier, i genuinely read defiler at first, just a little lol. 👁️‍🗨️

just back from AD, had a look at what bivvys they have set up, tell ya what i'm getting the advants peak with vents for 140, nice bit of kit don't see any point in lasing out big bucks for the same in a known name, i wasn't impressed by the pricey ones way too much money for what they are. 

forgot to add, i think a lot of anglers are telling themselves porkies so glad i went and checked out these high grade fabrics just didn't feel right, think the fox frontier was best the trakker brolly is well over priced and just the same nylon as the basic stuff, i was well impressed by the advanta double skin just a bit out my price range, they also had the protector set up for 112.00 it was a good buy just no vents, the peak one has vents and is around the 150.00 price. 

Tell ya i'm like that woman who can never make her mind up in Open all Hours, stopped at a shop today to grab a mini swinger they were doing a  cheaper price than online, had a look at a pile of boxed bivvies they had all two man prologics, so i had a rummage through the boxes, only went and found a prologic avenger for less than 170 on sale, needles to say i buried it under a load of boxes and will call back tomozz, if that is gone i will get the used sonik two rib for 100 used once, if that is a no go i will get the advants for 150, just hope the prologic is there in the morning, that's a nice bivvy with the skull wrap just what i wanted but not willing to go above 200 notes, for anything other than a pioneer, spanking new trakker 100 brolly in litchfield for 200 still got all the tags on.