No Zigs No Floaters

newmarket

Just noticed that the lakes I fished for a good few years , on & off , The Chase lakes at Dagenham/Rush Green has introduced quite recently a rule banning Zig Rigs and Floater fishing .

Meaning if the sun comes out you might as well pack up and go home .

Why would they do that ? 

it’s certainly made my mind up whether to fish there this summer .

you ain't seen nothing yet, i looked at a very comercial syndicate/club a good few lakes all managed by people that don't fish i watched a welcome video the person did not have a clue beyond running a lake for money. tell you how to fish and where, tubing must be used and they will pretty much shoot you for daring to use a leader. nothing wrong with tubing i plan on using a bit myself this year, but to be told how to tackle your rods up before you even get there is a bit much.  

On 27/02/2022 at 10:50, newmarket said:

Just noticed that the lakes I fished for a good few years , on & off , The Chase lakes at Dagenham/Rush Green has introduced quite recently a rule banning Zig Rigs and Floater fishing .

Meaning if the sun comes out you might as well pack up and go home .

Why would they do that ? 

it’s certainly made my mind up whether to fish there this summer .

GVAC near me have a no floating bait rule on their waters. On one the ducks and seagulls fight over bread thrown in. It is in the village of Needham Market, and is the local beauty spot, public access  so I can understand it.

• 2 months later...

Well due to lack of local turn-up-and-fish options locally I’m being pretty much forced to fish here , at least for now.

Looks like the weather for the next week is going to be bright and on the warm side so how would you all get around these restrictions ?

fish 3 ft long pop-ups ?