Tigers tbis time of year, yes or no?

elmoputney

35 minutes ago, yonny said:

There is no reason you couldn't use tigers throughout the winter mate.

Great thanks I've been adding them to my mix for a little while and it just seemed a little bare without them, 

I haven't even seen the lake since September, so no prebaiting done or no plans made just going to have to try and find them and hope for the best 

45 minutes ago, welder said:

I have to agree with Yonny. I don't think that carp change their diets during the colder months, they just feed less often.

IMHO If Tigers are what they're used to then just carry on using them.

Ian.

Thanks Ian

I think they have just become part of my mix really, originally it was designed to all be catapultable, 17mm pellets, tigers and boilies just for ease of prebaiting, then with the ridgemonkey crusher I just crush some up and mix it add some liquids to make it go even further (but I did find the rudd would destroy that in minutes that's why I added the tigers because I thought they might leave those 🤔

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

Defo include tigers, maybe cut the pellet out due to higher oil content, or reduce the amount of pellet. I'm down to boilie and tigers only now for the winter. 

Thanks, I just want to have a pellet clear out lol ,I'm down to the last bucket now, I'm hoping the water isn't too cold yet,but then I can start fresh next year, will probably mainly just try and apres bait with them anyway won't hurt to leave something out there for them 

6 hours ago, greekskii said:

Defo include tigers, maybe cut the pellet out due to higher oil content, or reduce the amount of pellet. I'm down to boilie and tigers only now for the winter. 

I'm doing the same but with added sweetcorn. I just have to use corn, it's my go-to attractor. Don't know why, it's a confidence thing.

Ian.

9 hours ago, welder said:

I'm doing the same but with added sweetcorn. I just have to use corn, it's my go-to attractor. Don't know why, it's a confidence thing.

Ian.

Can't hurt I might start adding some corn too, just for a bit of colour and that 

Do you guys use tinned or frozen? I heard that if you use frozen it isn't fully cooked so you need to cook a it a bit? You may all know that but I hadn't paid it any attention before 😁😳