Power supply on long sessions

Crazychef

Hi guys

Can anyone  a decent power bank to run a 12v cool box or portable fridge for longer  fishing sessions, like 3 days +?

My ice blocks and old fashioned cool box method is not as effective as I would like so am looking to spend a few quid to get something a little better.

I'm looking for something a bit more heavy duty than your average power packs. One that can possibly add a solar panel if poss or maybe a sile t petrol generator?

Just something that will keep my food and beer cold longer than 24hrs!

what do you guys use for longer sessions aside from the local takeaway!

Thanks in advance 

P.s my budget for power is about £300

have you thought about a 12v coolbox you can run and keep in your car? Obviously you'd need blocks etc. too, but if you're parked up behind your swim may work well for you? Halfords do some, along with camping places.

I generally only fish short day sessions, so no real experience, just throwing the idea out there.

Think outside the (cool) box! (sorry - I'll get my coat...)

3 hours ago, Crazychef said:

Hi guys

Can anyone  a decent power bank to run a 12v cool box or portable fridge for longer  fishing sessions, like 3 days +?

My ice blocks and old fashioned cool box method is not as effective as I would like so am looking to spend a few quid to get something a little better.

I'm looking for something a bit more heavy duty than your average power packs. One that can possibly add a solar panel if poss or maybe a sile t petrol generator?

Just something that will keep my food and beer cold longer than 24hrs!

what do you guys use for longer sessions aside from the local takeaway!

Thanks in advance 

P.s my budget for power is about £300

amazon have loads of rechargeable power packs that do small fridges running a ice cooler would be no probs start at around 300.

1 hour ago, dalej2014 said:

have you thought about a 12v coolbox you can run and keep in your car? Obviously you'd need blocks etc. too, but if you're parked up behind your swim may work well for you? Halfords do some, along with camping places.

I generally only fish short day sessions, so no real experience, just throwing the idea out there.

Think outside the (cool) box! (sorry - I'll get my coat...)

Ideally I'm after something away from my car. A 12v plug in would be ideal and easy but its not what I'm after I'm afraid.

I've done a bit more research and leisure batteries are not really an option unless I buy about 6. It seems either a rechargeable 'suitcase' power bank with solar panels or a silent generator, although I'm not sure how 'silent that option would be.

I was hoping that maybe some of the regular long haul French trip guys would maybe have a better solution. 

The best option so far seems to be to freeze several 5litre bottles of water and use those as they can take upto 5 days to defrost. Just need a mahoosive box to accommodate that. Nit sure if thats viable as I carry too much kit as it is lol

Cheers for the ideas so far chaps

30 minutes ago, framey said:

It’s the 3 day bit that might be a problem 

maybe just a Big 12v leaisure battery with huge AH and a solar panel

Looked into that. A leisure battery would be dead after 6-8 hours I'm afraid.

23 minutes ago, Crazychef said:

Ideally I'm after something away from my car. A 12v plug in would be ideal and easy but its not what I'm after I'm afraid.

I've done a bit more research and leisure batteries are not really an option unless I buy about 6. It seems either a rechargeable 'suitcase' power bank with solar panels or a silent generator, although I'm not sure how 'silent that option would be.

I was hoping that maybe some of the regular long haul French trip guys would maybe have a better solution. 

The best option so far seems to be to freeze several 5litre bottles of water and use those as they can take upto 5 days to defrost. Just need a mahoosive box to accommodate that. Nit sure if thats viable as I carry too much kit as it is lol

Cheers for the ideas so far chaps

Looked into that. A leisure battery would be dead after 6-8 hours I'm afraid.

That’s why I said with a solar panel lol

I can’t see anything lasting that long personally 

I think you may just be better going to buy what food you want when you need it at least after day 2 or 3

27 minutes ago, framey said:

That’s why I said with a solar panel lol

I can’t see anything lasting that long personally 

I think you may just be better going to buy what food you want when you need it at least after day 2 or 3

I'm looking at getting Powapacs Atom.  Might be worth a look?

I have used a 110 ah leisure battery for years no problem.  Put frozen food and milk in bottom of cool box. fresh food milk on top.

No need to run cool box 24/7 .Keep the lid closed . just run the cool box for an hour once and a while.

Battery will last a good week including charging my phone and running the tv/dvd.