rod tips?

Carpbell_ll

rod tips, sometimes I think due to the bottom of the lake I mainly fish, would it be better to keep the rods high up lifting as much line as possible so there is more direct contact to the lead as opposed to the line running across the bottom which is very uneven, also the dreaded back lead it is nice to use them but are they more of a hindrance when it comes bite registration? 

soz about the lack of caps locks my lap top key pad is worn out.

So many variables lol

tips up if fishing over weed or shallow water etc

down if it’s really choppy or margin fishing

back leads if I’m fishing a park lake that has beginner sail boards and boats free swimming and swans 

all the above on a couple of lakes I fish.

Back leads do hinder bite registration but save many headaches

the lake I'm mainly having problems with is pretty unusual in how the lake bed lies the side you fish from is a raised bar with margins behind it but it is that big of a bar you would think it is the lake edge, as it runs out from the peg it drops away fast a rod length out in most pegs will be up to the limit for chest waders, as it gets out to the middle and right up to the far margins, in places the depths are around 7 to twelve foot deep same again at the far side margins are false its anther chain of long island bars the true shallow margins are behind the island chain there are ledges in front of the island chain that are around 3-4 foot deep , so when you put a rig on a shallowish ledge, the line runs back to the rod across a fair few dips and raises. rig position and line lay is everything on that water. 

Solar did some flying back leads which may help 

they were kind of like a drilled bullet slide those on the line above a leader if using one and Chuck it out the sliding back lead will come back about 20 yards or so 

fish a slack enough line and that portion will be on the deck 

Edited by framey

The flying back leads where much better at line control, i have fox ones bought them for this water but it wa too weedy back then,

Still no fish and to be honest it should be a few by now I'm on the fish the fish are feeding in my swim all my gear is neat simple and fishing on the right spot plus the fish are coming out R had six out nice guy very old style approach,  for me it is either fussy fish don't like my hook baits some are a few years old, cross contamination from my tobacco e liquid, or just some serious bad luck.

14 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

The flying back leads where much better at line control, i have fox ones bought them for this water but it wa too weedy back then,

Still no fish and to be honest it should be a few by now I'm on the fish the fish are feeding in my swim all my gear is neat simple and fishing on the right spot plus the fish are coming out R had six out nice guy very old style approach,  for me it is either fussy fish don't like my hook baits some are a few years old, cross contamination from my tobacco e liquid, or just some serious bad luck.

E liquid is pretty much glug with nicotine In it 👍