ROD INFO REQUIRED PLEASE

hi, I have a pair of Bob James Normark carp rods, 2.5lb test curve and 3pc. They’re around 25 years old and used once, I blanked, they are in pristine condition inc the bags they’re in and still have cellophane on the handles. I’ve just seen a similar pair on eBay and I was wondering what mine would be worth. I actually have 3 but i want to keep one, this one hasn’t been out of the bag… I’ll show the ad on eBay and a shot of mine as a comparison 

has anyone any idea about these?

thanks…. Sparky

B43F70AC-C2AE-4328-851E-A6D01B50AF60.jpeg

3248B00A-756F-48AA-B2BB-45C6BF20A093.jpeg

£440 is the buy it now price he hopes to achieve, that doesn't mean they will go for that, tbh if you have 3 I would probably sell them as a 3 rod set, that would attract more Interest as most people want a 3 rod set these days, it's a tough one as you need the right buyers to come along and buy them. auctioning could be risky as they may not go for what you hope they will but leaving them on a buy it now might mean you have to wait for a while, and don't forget ebay will take a big cut out of it 😭

If you can, Facebook may find you the right buyer but be prepared for a lot of people talking #*** at you 

Edited by elmoputney

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

£440 is the buy it now price he hopes to achieve, that doesn't mean they will go for that, tbh if you have 3 I would probably sell them as a 3 rod set, that would attract more Interest as most people want a 3 rod set these days, it's a tough one as you need the right buyers to come along and buy them. auctioning could be risky as they may not go for what you hope they will but leaving them on a buy it now might mean you have to wait for a while, and don't forget ebay will take a big cut out of it 😭

If you can, Facebook may find you the right buyer but be prepared for a lot of people talking #*** at you 

Good point about the 3 rods, it may be the way forward. I was originally going to put them on fb until I saw his ad. Still may but put a reserve on.

cheers

1 hour ago, Golden Paws said:

Watch out for the postage. He is quoting £30 which is probably realistic. I got stung a few years ago selling some rods on ebay for a mate and the Post Office charged more than some of the rods sold for!

I’d have to sell them collection only unless seller wanted to pay extra… thanks