Korda krimp

I’ve used the crimp system and on the correct hooklinks, it can form lovely neat loops, with the wrong hooklink it will come undone on the lightest of pressures. They are useful for spinner booms and making up combi rigs, but to be honest, I’ve just gone back to knotting it! Using the domhoff (don’t know how you spell that!) for combi rigs and figure of 8 loops for spinner booms. I tend to favour a semi stiff material for the lake beds I’m fishing over at the moment so crimping isn’t an option for me right now. 

6 hours ago, charlieg said:

It's a great tool when used with the right materials. Great for creating booms whether it be for Ronnie rig, Hinged Stiff Rig or Combi's. It's also good for creating short Chods if that's your kind of thing and allows you to consistently get the same length each time. 

This makes me want to try crimping, I've been wanting to make my Chods a little shorter for a while, 👍

24 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I got the wychwood crimp set today and made my first hinged stuff rig with it, looks so smart, I am sold on it already I think 👍

Going to be able to make my Chods nice and short now too, it's a bit of a game changer I think and it will make them quick change 👍

It does 

I use a tungsten bead as the balance weight and it stops it coming off

i can then add putty if needed

21 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I was just thinking don't tie the swivel onto the chod rig, leave a swivel on the leader, cut the old one off and crimp the new one in place 😂

There’s always that way aswell lol

ordinarily the swivel on mine stays on but I couldn’t be bothered to go and get a rod out so imagine the swivel on the leader

Edited by framey