Wormery

Any of you guys have experience of breeding/keeping worms?

I’m considering it with a view to producing a modest amount to supplement regular sessions with a particular eye on using them more next winter.

Had a look online but I’m a little confused with the choice and size of different models. Don’t mind spending a few quid to get a sustainable system.

20 minutes ago, framey said:

My brother in law made one out of a tarpaulin years ago 

filled it with dirt and worms and used it for years 

assumed it worked because it was always moist 

Thinking of something a bit mote aesthetically pleasing to help maintain domestic harmony😉

13 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Any of you guys have experience of breeding/keeping worms?

I looked into this a few years ago mate.

We do actually have one that we use solely for composting (she wont let me nick the worms our of it lol). Be warned, they're pretty disgusting to work with. Harvesting the worms would be an awful job🤢

I chose not to pursue the idea after checking inside ours as the worms got established. It's rank in there.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I looked into this a few years ago mate.

We do actually have one that we use solely for composting (she wont let me nick the worms our of it lol). Be warned, they're pretty disgusting to work with. Harvesting the worms would be an awful job🤢

I chose not to pursue the idea after checking inside ours as the worms got established. It's rank in there.

Yes, I’m having some doubts myself having watched a few YouTube clips! Plus, I’d be a bit squeamish about chopping up my ‘pet’ worms!