New bite alarm vids wolf and others

This is for the QI range 

The most expensive alarms I've ever seen, they do look smart though but way out of my price range at £225 per head +£240 for the receiver, wouldn't mind seeing the features and price of the Q range also being released, but it's a strong move pricing above fox and delks top of the range, they do look the bailicks though 😉

These just popped up on the next video afterwards, these look pretty good at a reasonable price and have some decent features £230 for a set of 3 with receiver 

13 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

the QI range 

I've been keeping an eye on/waiting for these for what seems like ages now.

I watched the vid last week. I'm not happy with the explanation of the vibration detection. It says that the alarms are smart enough to detect when to use the roller and when to use vibration. 

HOW?

The alarm doesn't know how far out I'm fishing and it doesn't know how tight my lines are. If it doesn't know that then how can it detect which to use?

I'll wait for more info from Wolf because there's no way I'm spending 900+ unless they do everything I want and more lol.

11 minutes ago, yonny said:

I've been keeping an eye on/waiting for these for what seems like ages now.

I watched the vid last week. I'm not happy with the explanation of the vibration detection. It says that the alarms are smart enough to detect when to use the roller and when to use vibration. 

HOW?

The alarm doesn't know how far out I'm fishing and it doesn't know how tight my lines are. If it doesn't know that then how can it detect which to use?

I'll wait for more info from Wolf because there's no way I'm spending 900+ unless they do everything I want and more lol.

I'm not quite sure exactly how vibration sensing works, I understand a roller gets moved by the line being pulled which creates  the signal on the roller magnet but I've never had a vibration set does that just work on feedback from the tension in the line or something? 

They are blooming expensive though, I knew they would be pricey but wasn't expecting that, 

10 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

You would need a good reason to buy these same for the delks and high end fox alarms I'm temped myself to go with a new set of alarms, like the Gardner ATTs, get them on 12 months interest free  those and a nice Cygnet quickloc pod and minimal swan bars all in green, down low and tarty ha ha 

My Soniks work but they aren't very tarty 😂 

I keep looking at other alarms but never quite decide so stick with them, 

I would like to know if the Edwards custom upgrade alarms are any good, I also think I would like a set of nevilles but know deep down they probably arent even as good as my Soniks but they look pretty 😂

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Are the delks a lot more sensitive than a normal roller would you say? 

Yes mate.

35 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

You would need a good reason to buy these

Only alarm currently on the market with both roller and vibration. That's the reason I'm interested.

22 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I would like to know if the Edwards custom upgrade alarms are any good

Just another roller alarm buddy. Sexy though.

33 minutes ago, yonny said:

Yes mate.

Only alarm currently on the market with both roller and vibration. That's the reason I'm interested.

I'm going to make up a hypothetical situation now lol, 

Supposing you were fishing with very slack lines where a drop back was virtually unnoticeable on a roller as the bobbin was nearly on the floor, would the vibration sensor still pick up something where the roller probably wouldn't? 

The ecu's do look nice but they are pretty expensive if they aren't going to do much my Soniks won't, my Soniks are quite sensitive, which is why I like them, 

27 minutes ago, framey said:

My everyday 3 rod set of alarm is an old fox DXR 

2 rod set is a set of SX (since put into the shed now I have got a set of jag 2plus1 bars)

also have a set of ace alarms just in case 

both of these have vibration and roller wheel so I think I’m good for the next 20 years lol

Are they what fox call d tech sensing or something? The mini micron x has that is that more sensitive than a normal roller? 

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Yes mate.

lot of good features that are a first, if you could have the same six rods on two receivers could be handy for some. the auto vibration is a bit silly especially if there is no indication of which is in use.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Supposing you were fishing with very slack lines where a drop back was virtually unnoticeable on a roller as the bobbin was nearly on the floor, would the vibration sensor still pick up something where the roller probably wouldn't? 

No. They come into their own with very tight lines at very long range imo.

The DXR and the ACE are quality but not made anymore and no support/spares.