Spod mix idea

elmoputney

13 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I haven't been checked in a year and I was new back so I doubt anyone is getting checked lol, I think he was just mentioning it in a report for a certain particle sponsor, the other comments are just guys I've spoken to when I've been there 

Then I'd crack on with it. Just keep it to yourself 🤫

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

It is weird about spodding or Spombing bait in, for me on Alton or Ardleigh it hardly ever worked on the night it went in, it usually took 2nights to pull the fish in, but there were occasional exceptions. 

On Taverham it didn't work, taking a couple of days to bring them in, except one occasion when 2 of us put a whole 10kg base mix bucket of hemp in; that was a hectic night. 

One thing I did last year was defrosted. my boilies with hit water and liquid liver 24 hours before a session, that made them soft and oozing with goodness, I do think they ate those quicker, so that might help with waiting times, but probably it's been done so much they just wait and move in after a couple of days as it's safer lol 

I can see why people use bait boats and baiting poles lol its much more discreet for getting bait out really, 😳 

I did watch the latest carp angle last night, just seeing oli Davies fishing was quite an eye opener, crumbed boilies, Pellets multi rig and a bit of Sweetcorn in the scoop send it out and wallop makes it look pretty simple to catch carp around the Horton complex, he wasn't worrying about spod mix ingredients or anything just finding the fish and carefully trying to get some bait and a rig on them without spooking them too much, I'm not sure how many times I have to see this sort of thing before it sinks in, I need to be more mobile and less worried about other stuff and I will catch more fish 😳