Bite alarms

Evening all, 

Im after some new bite alarms currently just running some cheap ones but now want to upgrade im just after peoples feedback on alarms theyve used. Trying to put a bit of thought into before purchasing. Doesnt need to cost a massive amount just want to know what works well and last and what doesnt. 

TIA

36 minutes ago, Munty said:

Evening all, 

Im after some new bite alarms currently just running some cheap ones but now want to upgrade im just after peoples feedback on alarms theyve used. Trying to put a bit of thought into before purchasing. Doesnt need to cost a massive amount just want to know what works well and last and what doesnt. 

TIA

You will get loads of different views, a Delkim vs Fox argument and probably each answer is right and wrong😅😉

Personally I bought a set of Delkim St's back in 2000, I'm still using them. I have a mate who likes his Delkim EV's. 

The Delkims St's still keep popping up on the ebay, at between £50-80. 

I have 'borrowed' a set of Gardner TLB's to play, nice alarms, but I think the ATTS are the current version. 

1 hour ago, Munty said:

Evening all, 

TIA

I guess it all depends on your budget.  In the past I've had fox alarms, delkims, stevie Neville's and I currently have Attx. Can't fault the Attx, in fact I can't fault any of the alarms I've owned. I can honestly say I've never had a problem with any of them. I've got my Neville's still but they are the old ones so no remote  sounder box so I  only use my Attx alarms and i think they're brilliant for the money. Been out in all weathers and still perform as good as the day I brought them (probably 10yrs ago, maybe more).

I’ve gone through a fair few sets of alarms, I started with optonic alarms, then got micron M’s, then Steve Neville alarms, then fox again. I loved the micron minis (just been re-released) and the micron Mx which are pretty solid and reliable alarms yet aren’t too pricey. I had the basic Nash sirens which again were good alarms, the £20 versions, have volume control and are fairly sensitive, but a bit too quiet for my taste. The delkim EV are pretty good, volume and sensitivity and tone as standard, I had them for a few years (before the sirens) and they certainly do the job, might pick them up on a deal now the newest delks are out. Only problem I had was they packed up in the rain, I had a set of four and two packed up during downpours. Although, for me, it’s Steve Neville alarms, I love them and had a set years ago, before I snapped them off at the base (older nev’s could have an issue with the base of the alarm around the screw fitting cracking) I replaced them with the micron Mx's. I replaced the delk EVs with another set of nevilles, I love them, they’re simple and the sound of a screaming Neville is awesome. My son has the delks now, he still sleeps through a screaming run... 

1 hour ago, Munty said:

Evening all, 

TIA

Fishing days or nights?

Do you want a receiver? 

2 or 3 alarms? 

Delkim, Fox, Sonik all reliable names. 

53 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

You will get loads of different views, a Delkim vs Fox argument and probably each answer is right and wrong😅😉

Personally I bought a set of Delkim St's back in 2000, I'm still using them. I have a mate who likes his Delkim EV's. 

The Delkims St's still keep popping up on the ebay, at between £50-80. 

I have 'borrowed' a set of Gardner TLB's to play, nice alarms, but I think the ATTS are the current version. 

TLB plus is the newer version 

it’s basically ATTS with a speaker lol