Is anybody using Method Feeders?

My son and I were reminiscing about some of our past angling exploits when he reminded me how well I used to do on the method. I used to make up a "secret" mix which contained sweetcorn and use corn on a short hair, buried into the ball of mix.

"Why did you stop doing that, Dad" seemed a fair question although I had no answer. A fashion thing, maybe?

Anyway, I'm going to give method feeders another go. Are there any particularly good ones I should look for?

Ian.

If you want some of the old style cadge feeders they always have a box full at Furnace End car boot, no elastic in them you can put the main line or leader straight through and tie off to a quick link for the hook, he normally has all sorts of sizes from small to monster huge size.  it's a fishing tackle stall can't miss it. 

3 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

If you want some of the old style cadge feeders they always have a box full at Furnace End car boot, no elastic in them you can put the main line or leader straight through and tie off to a quick link for the hook, he normally has all sorts of sizes from small to monster huge size.  it's a fishing tackle stall can't miss it. 

Know what? I'm pretty sure that's where I bought the ones I had before. Thanks, I'll pop over next weekend.

Ian.

12 minutes ago, welder said:

I'll try to remember my old "secret" mix. No pellets were involved, that I do know.

Ian.

It all comes flooding back! I used a mix of Dynamite Baits Meaty Marine powdered groundbait and their Frenzied Hemp powdered groundbait. I used the juice from a tin of sweetcorn as a binder and added corn to the mix. One or two kernels of corn on a short hair with the hook pushed well into the ball of mix..

Must give it another go, soon.

Ian.