Hookbait hardener?

darbs

Just wondering if there is a liquid I can use to harden a hook-bait on pre-made boilies? I am currently using HotFish and find it to be quite a soft bait and as it stands, Dynamite do not do a hardened version of this as it stands. 

Yes I could air-dry and yes I could wrap the boilies up in tights, but this is defeating the object. Surely there is a liquid I can use to soak these boilies to make them harder?

16 minutes ago, darbs said:

Just wondering if there is a liquid I can use to harden a hook-bait on pre-made boilies? I am currently using HotFish and find it to be quite a soft bait and as it stands, Dynamite do not do a hardened version of this as it stands. 

Yes I could air-dry and yes I could wrap the boilies up in tights, but this is defeating the object. Surely there is a liquid I can use to soak these boilies to make them harder?

Ive not tried it myself but you could maybe try curing some in rock salt 

1 minute ago, yonny said:

I spent 6 months preparing some salt-cured hookbaits once. Got hold of proper butchers curing salt, the lot.

Took them on a French trip to test them. They were out-fished by standard out-of-the-pot white pop ups 🤣

Ive got loads of pots of trial hookbaits lol, and will probably never use any of them 😁

They always seem like a good idea at the time 😂

Glycerine for me, added to any glug I use if I want extra attractive hookbait. 

I remember using Nutrabaits Bait soak complex, a mix of Multimino, Nutramino, and another, adding 2ml of Peach Flavour, a couple of drops of Cinnamon Essential oil and 5ml of glycerine. My soaked baits were rock hard; perfect where silver fish were constantly playing with the baits. 

They kept for years as well. 

While meshing hookbait in tights works, every now and again, the hook seems to catch a strand of the tights, preventing bait movement on the hair. 

If you have a crayfish problem though, meshed or hardened hookbaits can still be munched by the darn things. That is time for drilled wooden balls soaked in bait soak! 

I do still occasionally mesh hookbaits if coots are around on your baits, they can pluck them of the hair if they are soft enough. 

The mesh comes from supermarket fruit, garlic or onion plastic wrap. 

Glycerine, handy little thing to have knocking about for multiple uses, if you have spent 3 or more days eating dry noodles and the like a bit of the G bomb really will get things moving, quickly and thoroughly  with no medical impact on the body, don't know why they don't use it for the colonoscopy prep the stuff they give you is damn scary.

While i'm the subject, if you are over 45 and lets face it most on this site are, don't be a diva get on camera 😠