Putting line on my reels

Hi guys,  Question... 

Going to spool up my spare spools... But the spools state... 

Spool Capacity: 295yds/15lb -270m/0.35mm

Im putting on s-l400.jpg.20d483b787cab105192ba783046aedf1.jpg

So should I put on the 270mtrs each spool or is there any sort of DIY de-spacer I could put on my reels to not put as much line on (no spare li e either as a backing).

My absolute max cast would be about 100mtrs...cant see a fish running 170mtrs?? 

5 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi guys,  Question... 

So should I put on the 270mtrs each spool or is there any sort of DIY de-spacer I could put on my reels to not put as much line on (no spare li e either as a backing).

Personally I would just fill up all 3 Spools with the line if they are empty, I usually cut off a few metres every few weeks, as the line can become stretched or damaged, maybe if I had some line on already I may leave some on as backing but i would always want atleast 200m of the line on my reel 

7 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi guys,  Question... 

I gave up believing the amount on the spools.

On my 10000 Baitrunners I have loaded straight onto the reel spool. On my Beastmasters I have some backing line.

Backing line is usually just 'last' years line, and then when I strip the old line off I just go as far as the backing. At some point I must have been sad enough to work out that a bulk spool spread across 3 reels and I loaded the original backing so that it filled exactly.

That bulk spool will give you 3 reels, plus leftover, so you might as well use it at.

If it’s a 1000 yard spool 

just wind it on it should do all 3 and some left over

if you have a spare spool you could just fit it to the reel and wind off 100 turns of the old stuff first that will take off Around 95M if it takes 0.95m for a turn of the handle the manufacturer website will probably give you that info.

then just wind the new line on top 

1 hour ago, framey said:

If it’s a 1000 yard spool 

just wind it on it should do all 3 and some left over

if you have a spare spool you could just fit it to the reel and wind off 100 turns of the old stuff first that will take off Around 95M if it takes 0.95m for a turn of the handle the manufacturer website will probably give you that info.

then just wind the new line on top 

Get 1030mtrs on spool, each spool takes 270mtrs of 0.35 line, should be OK? 

🙏🙏

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Get 1030mtrs on spool, each spool takes 270mtrs of 0.35 line, should be OK? 

🙏🙏

I get 3 fx9 out of 1 spool 

about the same on them I think 

even if it takes another 30 odd yards over the stated it wouldn’t be a problem

Edited by framey