Advice on chairs

Guys for years now I've been using a cheap Asda/halford fold out camping chair you know the one! And it served it purpose as it was nice and light but not to comfortable but as I say did the job on those short sessions but now that I've started to do longer sessions (once apon a time when we could fish) I'm looking to upgrade as sitting on my bed was giving me a bad back I did try one of those chairs that go on your bed but didn't get on with it couldn't get comfortable! So any advice on what's chairs are good for their money as some seem a bit over priced for what they are  and pafter testing some at the carp show I wasn't impressed with the ones I tested.

As with most things , its personal choice , what suits someone may not suit you , look at Bedchairs for instance 

I do like my new Fox Duraltie combo chair , and as it spans the whole bed ,its no different to any other chair when sat on it like this  , you can use it stand alone ,but its possible a bit low , but as I said everyone's different .

I guess the only way really is to sit on a few and decide what suites you .

I also have a Nash chair ,very much like any other chair out their ,adjustable legs and back and works well , best part of 18 years old now and still in excellent condition , but thats more to do with the fact I dont often take it fishing 

I agree with dayvid different chairs will suit different people, 

Ive just got a trakker levelite combi chair it's light, can be used on a bed and on its own and I find it comfortable for me, I do also have a Sonik sktek folding chair but I found this had limitations as I really wanted one I could put on my bed, as I was getting a bad back from being hunched on my bedchair so the trakker kind of suited me as I can sit comfortably in and out of the bivvy, 

I think it is quite expensive for a chair but it's fit for purpose so I figured if it lasts 3 years £30 a year isn't bad to stop me having bankside backache, after all if you are stuck in your bivvy and Hobbing about stiff as a board, you aren't going to enjoy your fishing as much 👍

3 hours ago, smufter said:

Got the same chair. Love it. Nice and comfy and got a decent height back on it.

Aaaagh just the man, I've been wondering about something 😁

You know when it's in bed mode with the legs out? Can you sit on it on the floor like that so it's like a low chair? 

I havent seen anyone showing it as an option in videos or and I don't want to break it But it was comfortable 😁

57 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Aaaagh just the man, I've been wondering about something 😁

You know when it's in bed mode with the legs out? Can you sit on it on the floor like that so it's like a low chair? 

I havent seen anyone showing it as an option in videos or and I don't want to break it But it was comfortable 😁

I've never tried to be honest!! I expect you could just sit on it without any of the legs folded out as they just fold up neatly underneath, but how comfortable it would be I haven't got a clue! I'd never personally use mine like that as I'd never be able to haul myself up in the event of a run... 😢😢😢

I'll give it a go later and let you know as long as I don't end up in traction 😉😉😉

Edited by smufter

1 minute ago, smufter said:

I've never tried to be honest!! I expect you could just sit on it without any of the legs folded out as they just fold up neatly underneath, but how comfortable it would be I haven't got a clue! I'd never personally use mine like that as I'd never be able to haul myself up in the event of a run... 😢😢😢

Ha ha you may be right it wasn't the easiest to get out of, it is comfortable proper bankside slobbing 😁 maybe OK if you are on a slope though 

• 2 weeks later...

Having now used my tracker levelite transformer chair, I can safely say it's a great bit of kit, it's light makes such a difference to sitting on a bedchair tbh, I didn't realise how much it would help but just being able to sit comfortably in the bivvy made a real difference, it would've been far too hot outside all day and it doesn't really effect the lay out of your bivvy, and you just have the extra comfort required, to get up and down easily, which at my age has started to become a factor 😁