Neville indicators

Any Neville fans on here? They do seem to have a cult following and are obviously very Carpy but are they really any good/reliable? I keep seeing references to the cases cracking or is that the older versions. I do like the simplicity/relatively compact size and I’m not adverse to the tart factor!

17 hours ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Any Neville fans on here? They do seem to have a cult following and are obviously very Carpy but are they really any good/reliable? I keep seeing references to the cases cracking or is that the older versions. I do like the simplicity/relatively compact size and I’m not adverse to the tart factor!

They only crack if you tighten them up to much. I use leather washers under my alarms and don't have problems.  I had Neville alarms and as you say "on and off", simple as that. I only changed as they were too loud and when trying to be secret squirrel they weren't ideal. I had them before the remote ones came out. I did buy the extension lead sounder box in the end and taped the alarm heads up, painted out the l.e.d's and taped up 2 thirds of the sounder box head so only I could hear it. It worked though. 

6 hours ago, emmcee said:

They only crack if you tighten them up to much. I use leather washers under my alarms and don't have problems.  I had Neville alarms and as you say "on and off", simple as that. I only changed as they were too loud and when trying to be secret squirrel they weren't ideal. I had them before the remote ones came out. I did buy the extension lead sounder box in the end and taped the alarm heads up, painted out the l.e.d's and taped up 2 thirds of the sounder box head so only I could hear it. It worked though. 

I think the MK3 has a low volume and silent head option (receiver sounds) for stealth mode😎. Plus a sensitivity setting.

I’m tempted, for the sake of a change really. My old RX Digitals still attract decent money second hand.

From what I've just read the sensitivity comes from the magnet rollers and is only adjustable by changing that I think the mk3 seems to come with a 4 magnet roller which may be upgraded from previous ones 

Settings look like on, silent or off but it has connection to the reciever I may be wrong but that's what I could glean from the blurb I read