ESP Trig Hammer

Lads.

I wasn't sure where to post this but I know a bunch of us are checking these out so thought I'd start a thread on its own.

Bit of a long shot this one I'm afraid.

I found the attached pic in a Carpology article. Does anyone recognise the D sleeve/kicker thingy? I think it might be modified/cut down which makes it hard to ID but I've got to ask as the combo of the hook and sleeve looks absolutely perfect.

I already tried the large Korda D Rig Kickers with a size 4 Trig Hammer but it's way off, not the one.

carpology-30-phil-01-large.jpg

I've just tried to find one but I think it may be a korda one also, 

They do an XL one, would that be longer? Maybe also why it was modified a bit, 

I have size 4 and 5 trigs I will do a comparison photo if that helps, also if you know a pattern that kicker works with I can try and compare it if I have something similar? 

I've had a quick look and the gape seems the same on size 4 and 5 it's just a tiny bit shorter, I will take them to work tonight and try and get some measurements and see what the actual difference is but my initial findings are that If a size 5 fits it wouldn't be a lot worse to use, I can't decide if it's a thinner gauge though so want to check first 

IMG_20200205_145040.jpg

IMG_20200205_145147.jpg

29 minutes ago, yonny said:

Agree, that shot in the Carpology article really grabbed my attention. I'm determined to find the right bits and pieces to replicate it. I really want to do some buoyancy testing.

Just got them in the mail thanks Yonny, I think you are right size 5 is right for the large ones, which will hopefully make the the xl right for the 4's, will be interesting to see if they do cos I think they are going to be a very handy edition to the toolbox 😁

IMG_20200207_120333.jpg

13 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

One of the lads who cut his teeth on here works for carpology now .... if you give me the details of the article I can ask him for you via fb. 

I think we've figured it out Phil.

Is it that Joe fella? I really feel for him doing all those vids/reviews saying how everything is so brilliant regardless of how good it is.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just got them in the mail thanks Yonny, I think you are right size 5 is right for the large ones, which will hopefully make the the xl right for the 4's, will be interesting to see if they do cos I think they are going to be a very handy edition to the toolbox 😁

IMG_20200207_120333.jpg

Maybe the mod is bending and stretching it slightly to get a large to fit 

the d Section in the article doesn’t seem as big (sticky out from the shank)

Edited by framey

2 hours ago, framey said:

Maybe the mod is bending and stretching it slightly to get a large to fit 

the d Section in the article doesn’t seem as big (sticky out from the shank)

This is a size 4 with a large korda kicker on it, I think it looks pretty good, I do also think it may be the same as the one they used for the picture, I scaled the pic the same size as the hook and they lined up closely, the size 5 didn't seem the same as the image,

I have got the eye right up to the bend of the kicker though, maybe with a knot it might not present the same 

IMG_20200207_162024.jpg

IMG_20200207_162243.jpg