Tackle I'd like to see invented?

4 hours ago, finchey said:

I was using my throwing stick yesterday, I was really struggling to get 10yrd, then realised the boilie's weren't dropping down the tube properly, I was throwing boilie's that had been glugged and I thought some had stuck inside, so I tried washing out with some water, no better.ย 

So I gave it a good few bangs on the ground and the biggest slug I ever seen in my life fell out of the end. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

ย 

ย 

4 hours ago, greekskii said:

had that one before, except i accidentally winged it out in to the lake!

ย 

2 hours ago, finchey said:

This one as solid and massive it was the same size as the tube. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

So all of us would like to see a slug extractor for throwing sticks!

ย 

Had it happen to me on a homemade throwing stick I had made out of 25mm plastic conduit.๏ปฟ

I was able to remove the conduit stop at the base and with a thin twig push the darn thing out where it did immediately get dropped into the lake as I had pierced it.

ย 

A back massaging bedchair, I've just done my back in again I was set to return to work tomorrow littlun decided to jump at me today and its gone again, I'm getting so bored of it now it gets better then goes again when you least expect it, either that or I need a ghillie, not fishing is killing me,ย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Buddy Elmo. ย You have struck a cord with me about backs, I too have had problems almost all my life. Being 6'2'' and quite well build tall people often have that problem sadly. Mine was helped finally with yoga, find some good back exercisesย ย on You-Tube and give them a try. Most of mine are floor exercises, with yoga work that helps your hips and lower back. I urge you to give it a try, surgery did not work for me, and yogi is far less intrusive. I hope your work are sympathetic to you?

Best wishes. Rich.

On 23/06/2019 at 09:28, Dannygooner said:

Is there any good telescopic Rods out there? This would make the whole stalking situation so much easier. I use a daiwa tele for spinning but Iโ€™ve never seen an adequate carp rod in such formย 

Nash Dwarf.... 9' 2.75lbs...ย prior to that I had a pair of Dam 12' tele 2.5lb carp rods... had em 12 years and caught loads on 'em

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

A back massaging bedchair, I've just done my back in again I was set to return to work tomorrow littlun decided to jump at me today and its gone again, I'm getting so bored of it now it gets better then goes again when you least expect it, either that or I need a ghillie, not fishing is killing me,ย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Thermacare back pads.... my back and knees are shot to bits and the pads work wonders on my back... wear them over a tee shirt as they can get very hot... I also go to pilates classes and they have helped strengthen my core so my back is properly supported... give it a go

5 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

Buddy Elmo. ย You have struck a cord with me about backs, I too have had problems almost all my life. Being 6'2'' and quite well build tall people often have that problem sadly. Mine was helped finally with yoga, find some good back exercisesย ย on You-Tube and give them a try. Most of mine are floor exercises, with yoga work that helps your hips and lower back. I urge you to give it a try, surgery did not work for me, and yogi is far less intrusive. I hope your work are sympathetic to you?

Best wishes. Rich.

Going for physio next week, hopefully that will get me back on track a bit, maybe after that I will get on with the exercises, until then it's gin and painkillers for me ๐Ÿ˜

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Thermacare back pads.... my back and knees are shot to bits and the pads work wonders on my back... wear them over a tee shirt as they can get very hot... I also go to pilates classes and they have helped strengthen my core so my back is properly supported... give it a go

Will have a look at those thanks,ย 

I have done pilates in the past and it is good for core strength, so I will try some of those exercises when it's a little betterย