please sign

oscsha

I can't sign that without seeing more info first.

It was started by "Local residents of Old Heath", not by legal anglers (which is who I would expect to raise a concern of this nature).

It says "the Environment Agency and Essex police repeatedly refuse to take action as appropriate even when they themselves catch them in action. This has resulted in complete emptying of local ponds from fish stock, as it is continuously poached and cruel killing of waterbirds both of which take place daily for months".

I don't buy that - if the EA catch you nicking/killing fish, or bird life, you get done, that's a simple fact.

So if we imagine based on the above that nothing is getting killed (I'm not saying that's the case, just that it is a possibility) then how do these local residents know that the fishing is illegal? Are they asking to see licenses? I doubt it.

Without more info I'm not convinced the local residents agenda is as heroic as it sounds. This could be something as simple a few genuine anglers guesting some local no-fishing ponds for some special fish - and if that's the case I bet they'll look after the water and surroundings better than anyone.

Of course if anyone can provide more info I will be over to sign the petition in an instant. But I just cannot currently see enough info/evidence to sign blindly.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

It says "the Environment Agency and Essex police repeatedly refuse to take action as appropriate even when they themselves catch them in action. This has resulted in complete emptying of local ponds from fish stock, as it is continuously poached and cruel killing of waterbirds both of which take place daily for months".

I don't buy that - if the EA catch you nicking/killing fish, or bird life, you get done, that's a simple fact.

This. I very much doubt if people are caught by the EA they are not being prosecuted. They prosecute if you are caught more than 10m from your rods. It could be a case of the underfunding they have in enforcement in every area holding things up or stopping proceedings but that is a case for central government and DEFRA to be lobbied about.