Tell me about bobbins and bite indication...

Firstly, I could do with some background info on bobbins and bite indication. For example, what do you use for short range, medium distance and long range fishing? How are they set? What about weather conditions such as wind? Tight lines vs slack lines?! Give me all the info you have.... Is there anything that can be done to help indicate lateral movement on the line? 

Secondly, what system or set up should I be looking at to suit the situations you have presented?! Go on, recommend something for me :D

Tight lines to those out over the weekend!

12 hours ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

Firstly, I could do with some background info on bobbins and bite indication. For example, what do you use for short range, medium distance and long range fishing? How are they set? What about weather conditions such as wind? Tight lines vs slack lines?! Give me all the info you have.... Is there anything that can be done to help indicate lateral movement on the line? 

Secondly, what system or set up should I be looking at to suit the situations you have presented?! Go on, recommend something for me :D

Tight lines to those out over the weekend!

I use Solar Short arm Titaniums.

I can set them up mega tight as spring arm indicators for tight line fishing, as plain swingers for short to medium range, or as slack line indicators, at maximum drop for slack line fishing.

Apparently Long arm indicators are better, but personally I found no problems with the shorts. I do also use them for roach fishing with buzzers on the reservoir.

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I just use these for everything cos they are cool 😎

IMG-20181229-WA0005.jpeg

OMG....cookie monster...this is awsome...my nickname at work is Biscuit...never without a brew n a biscuit in my hand on a break...if i could get these for my bobbins to slide on to.

8 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Esp barrel bobbins. They come with everything you need for any situation. Short chain, long chain, isotope slot, 3 weight choice on the barrel, takes seconds to change, and aesthetically very pleasing. 

I've got to agree with the esp's I've been using mine for over 12 month now they cover every situation. Can't see me swapping mine for anything else for a good while. 👍