First rods

Hi I am looking at some rods as I'm starting carp fishing, I am looking for recommendations. I have a old set of okuma Spector reels or a set of okuma longbow lb 90 reels Spare maybe I could put to use to start with? 
Any recommendations would be appreciated and I don't want to break the bank either.
Rob

Me again....I know nothing of the reels you mentioned so can’t say wether they will do the job or not......be prepared for the incoming shimano vs daiwa posts (notice how I put shimano first 🤣😂) also if you are looking at buying new reels a) you’ll need a budget in mind so people can give rellevant recommendations 

and b) you’ll need to know if you want bait runners or big pits or big pits with baitbrunner facility 

16 minutes ago, spr1985 said:

Me again....I know nothing of the reels you mentioned so can’t say wether they will do the job or not......be prepared for the incoming shimano vs daiwa posts (notice how I put shimano first 🤣😂) also if you are looking at buying new reels a) you’ll need a budget in mind so people can give rellevant recommendations 

and b) you’ll need to know if you want bait runners or big pits or big pits with baitbrunner facility 

Hi thanks for the message. Both sets of reels are big pit reels, the Spector reels have the baitrunner conversion kit on and the longbow is a baitrunner big pit as well. I personally like the big pit baitrunner reels.

i will keep an eye out for the posts thanks 

Plenty of decent rods around for about £50.00 a pop. Chub Outkast,  Sonik VaderX, Daiwa Black Widow G50, Shimano Velocity, plus others from Wychwood, Nash, JRC etc. 

You need to think about what type of fishing you're going to be doing. Distance work, or heavy baits/rigs and you're going to need a higher test curve than short range work, surface fishing, single baits that sort of thing. I'm a firm believer in using as low a test curve rod that you can get away with.