Carp Syndicate

Nik077

Hi all, fished Esne's Quarry 2017 caught 70 fish up to 16 lb. Looking for a good carp water with a decent head of fish over twenty pounds any ideas please after paying 400 to fish a water full of stockies i need to get back to Real Carp Fishing Any help ??

On 1/15/2018 at 18:16, crusian said:

Not my area , hopefully Cyborx will be along to advise you .

:)

haha!! thanks for the recommendation Crusian, :lol:

On 1/15/2018 at 11:54, Nik077 said:

Hi all, fished Esne's Quarry 2017 caught 70 fish up to 16 lb. Looking for a good carp water with a decent head of fish over twenty pounds any ideas please after paying 400 to fish a water full of stockies i need to get back to Real Carp Fishing Any help ??

welcome to the forum Nik077 :lol:

was looking at Esnes myself as not a lot of waters to go at around wolves (day tickets excepted), would have thought a sindie with fish to over 40lb and 18 acres to go at the £400 tag would have been good,

is the stock that bad then??

• 1 month later...

I caught approx 70 fish from Esnes, spent the whole summer on there fishing nearly every peg. Watched most members struggle to catch more than one fish. The owners asked me to record the fish and me being a lover of carp I did. After time spent gaining local knowledge I hear fish deaths are rising. I'm not the kind of angler who hides my bait and tactics, I found tiger nuts do the business & simple rig I used in the late 80s accounted for most of my captures. £400 I feel is a lot of money to catch stockies and with only two fish over 20 isn't value for money. 

The fish are beautiful lookers but its going to take years to get them into 20+ pounders. 

Distance isn't a problem. 

On 2/21/2018 at 09:47, Nik077 said:

I caught approx 70 fish from Esnes, spent the whole summer on there fishing nearly every peg. Watched most members struggle to catch more than one fish. The owners asked me to record the fish and me being a lover of carp I did. After time spent gaining local knowledge I hear fish deaths are rising. I'm not the kind of angler who hides my bait and tactics, I found tiger nuts do the business & simple rig I used in the late 80s accounted for most of my captures. £400 I feel is a lot of money to catch stockies and with only two fish over 20 isn't value for money. 

The fish are beautiful lookers but its going to take years to get them into 20+ pounders. 

Distance isn't a problem. 

now i am confused, after visiting their facebook page and going for a long walk and a chat with the lads on there, i was informed that the stock ran into the hundreds and included various 20s, 30s and at least one regular 40lber so my £100 dep went in.

are you seriously saying that numbers have been massaged and a little false advertising is going on?

btw, not saying that your wrong but looking for confirmation about stock before withdrawing from the list.

On 2/21/2018 at 09:59, yonny said:

I agree mate.

unfortunately i would too :lol:

I can’t supply any comment on the stocking levels, other than there are some big ones in there.

what I can say with authority though, is that dave and Ed certainly know how to manage a water. 

I would expect that lake to be a desirable ticket in the not too distant future. Suffering a couple of years worth of subs may not be such a bad thing if it secures your ticket for the future when it is likely to have a waiting list. As you know, there aren’t many to choose from locally. 

Nige, as I fished for many days out of each week I've seen Ed once, Dave about 3 or 4 times. On 3 occasions I've seen him feed the place which isn't what their Facebook page implies. Talking with various people, the majority say you see Dave when he's collecting cash. In my eye's looking after a fishery isn't turning up once a month or so. Sorry I didn't reply to your comments earlier. 

41 minutes ago, Nik077 said:

Nige, as I fished for many days out of each week I've seen Ed once, Dave about 3 or 4 times. On 3 occasions I've seen him feed the place which isn't what their Facebook page implies. Talking with various people, the majority say you see Dave when he's collecting cash. In my eye's looking after a fishery isn't turning up once a month or so. Sorry I didn't reply to your comments earlier. 

hey Nik, is yer second name Phillips?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking on their FB page the place looks like a good water, nice and natural looking plus Ian Macmillan does his tuition there, when anglers pay money for a days alround tuition they are going to want to catch something.

I'd consider the place if it wasn't for the M6 that road comes to a standstill most days, not really what you want when heading out for a session.

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since I've posted, cybrox is your last name Mathew's or Bailey?. 

Sorry to see that an over stocked lake has so many noddies defending it. I see the Pasties are still pasties and Where's all the big fish pictures?. In fact Where's all the pictures of these fish? 

The Noddies who probably haven't fished the place need to learn to fish it before they speak. 

Trying to make it look good makes it look more desperate.