New line :) Subline?

Hey,

So I'm off to France again in September - lucky me!!

I've not fished this lake before but I know it has a sand bottom, I currently use gardener gt80 but it's time to replace it anyway, as it's green it may not be the best colour anyway, I've been recommended Korda subline - I'm not a massive Korda fan to be honest, but that's a story for a different day! What do you guys think about it? has anyone used it? Also is it on par with the GT80?

Also one more question, am I ok to take of half my line and tie on the new line so I fill all 3 reels with just buying 2? does it affect the fishing in any way?

Thanks

Jason

I currently have subline on my reels. It's ok. I loved it at first but a few trips in and it's already not feeling as good. I don't use it all the time as I often use flourocarbon on my other spools. If I'd done a whole season on the subline I'm sure I'd have changed it already.

It's ok. I won't take it off for the sake of it, but I wont be re-spooling with it when this lot is finished. If I were you I'd go with one of the other recommendations.

• 4 weeks later...

People talk about line diameters so heres Gardeners own figures

GT80+
12Ib/0.35mm =  18lb+
15Ib / 0.40mm

HydroTuff
10Ib / 0.30
12Ib / 0.35 = 18lb+
15Ib / 0.38
20Ib / 0.40

Pro
10Ib / 0.28