Amnesia

androoooo

I purchased some Amnesia clear in 15lb a while a go. Yeterday I tied my first rig with it. I don't know what I was expecting but have found it has quite a bit of stretch in it. For those that have used it before, is this normal and how have you found breaking strain vs the stated?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With the venue in mind, after Monday, looking back, I think in some spots a different rig could give better presentation but only clean gravel. So wanted a few pre-tied.

Sounds like a plan. Never really used amnesia I've got spool sumware must have had it 10 years it's still full.

Sounds like a plan. Never really used amnesia I've got spool sumware must have had it 10 years it's still full.

I tied two rigs with it last night and can't say I'm filled with confidence on the material. Had expected it to be stiffer and not have the stretch it does. May not even risk them unless someone comments and gives me a little more confidence in it and it's properties. I've given it a test between rig pullers and it seems to hold up but stretches loads.

Will call you tomorrow about the days away.

I tied two rigs with it last night and can't say I'm filled with confidence on the material. Had expected it to be stiffer and not have the stretch it does. May not even risk them unless someone comments and gives me a little more confidence in it and it's properties. I've given it a test between rig pullers and it seems to hold up but stretches loads.

Will call you tomorrow about the days away.

Yea sound mate.

I use Amnesia regularly as part of my combi rigs, usually tied to Merlin, and I honestly don't know how many fish I have caught on that set up, it is very productive. I will say, after EVERY fish, change the hooklink, as Amnesia knots are notoriously bad after they have been tensioned and the line has stretched.

I also use it in heavier strains (30lb) as a shock leader with my marker gear.

In the long distant past I have used it as a mono hooklink, and have been thinking about it again recently as on gravel it is perfect. I would always tie on a softer hair on the hook, and use a (Rapala) loop knot at the mainline-hooklink swivel, and when tieing the hook on, use a 3 or 4 turn blood knot. Please note I test my knots, and these have shown the most consistency in giving best strength.

As part of a combi rig, the overhand loop to Uni knot of the Merlin (Merlin going through the overhand knot and then uni knotted back down the Amnesia) is easy to tie, but as I have mentioned on other threads, not changing it after every fish has cost me another fish when the knot has given way.

CombiRig001.jpg

This rig, also pictured on one of my PB threads, has landed a couple of Pb's (d'oh), and on that thread has complete directions on tieing it

• 4 weeks later...