Yet another bite indication thread lol

newmarket

Nash do make a nice video. Enjoyed their urban banx series too, really brilliantly shot and edited. As for indication, don't think I can fault the logic? I mean the guy even commissioned testing with a diver! So of all the people to be taking advice from with regards indication, got to be difficult to argue with? Anyone know what the details are on that maggot rig? Was that a clip he was using with some kind of clip cover? That's my complaint with clips is they have a really horrible knack of getting caught in the landing net. Help?

Yeah of course they are trying to sell their gear, there was lots of shots of their products close up etc, but what he was saying about bite indication had no sales pitch attached I don't think? I'm interested to hear about some of this bizarre stuff, could you link me please or give me terms to Google? When people start coming out with mad things, I think it's interesting to try and analyse where their business is right now, how they see themselves Vs. where they're trying to get to.

Yeah of course they are trying to sell their gear, there was lots of shots of their products close up etc, but what he was saying about bite indication had no sales pitch attached I don't think? I'm interested to hear about some of this bizarre stuff, could you link me please or give me terms to Google? When people start coming out with mad things, I think it's interesting to try and analyse where their business is right now, how they see themselves Vs. where they're trying to get to.

I'll have a look around but I think it may be on the Nash website about their new boilie

Yes it's the bull about the key boilie it's already been spoken about.It was also interesting that Carl and Alex of YouTube fame mentioned something along the lines of turning certain things down because they didn't want to say certain tackle was good when in truth it may not be.Got their heads well and truly sorted those two lads have

I had a read of preview page on Nash website. There are some pretty bold claims which you'd expect them to provide evidence for in time. The thing with marketing is, people have a short memory, people will have forgotten any outrageous claims made early on, but it will have got everyone talking about it. It being sat in people's subconscious means it will sell.

I dont watch any manufacturers DVD's .

There IS only ever one agenda .

If Nashy is talking bite indication then he is plugging something you just have to read deeply between the lines .

Olly , if you read this mate , CM is quite correct .

Silt rig .

Or to put it in a modern term .

Choddies :wink:

Nm, watch this one! :) seriously, it isn't saying like "I fish tight lines because I'm using the new Nash zimzam3000 bobbins" the bit where he's talking about indication he's just making a case based on transmission of bite down the line. I guess you could argue that there is a bit of a sales pitch from the intercut footage of the diver though? If, and I'm assuming to see all of that footage you have to buy it?

That nash video, if its the one I think it is, is utter garbage. 'Prooving' that slak lines don't work by using a semi fixed lead, and non fluro line. It's just tripe.

Recently Nash have released a lead drop off system, that is the size of a lead, do when you drop the lead, you still have a massive thing stuck in your line.

Those zig bugs, that are just a bit of foam on a hook, for £5.

Bags of special carp rock salt.

And the new miracle £15 a kilo boilies.

They are clever in what they are doing, preying in inexperience anglers that are looking for the next miracle that will catch a fish for them. You know the ones, the people that cover everything in Goo.

The slack vs tight lines experiment was on a Fox DVD I think, Rob Hughes actually diving to test movement distance before any indication at the buzzer, on a section not advertising tackle, although obviously some of the DVD will be based on selling.

The slack vs tight lines experiment was on a Fox DVD I think, Rob Hughes actually diving to test movement distance before any indication at the buzzer, on a section not advertising tackle, although obviously some of the DVD will be based on selling.

In Carpology Nick .

Didnt do lead clips any favours :wink:

both methods have there place, any contact with a line will cause fish to be wary, but on the other hand, I don't like using slack lines anywhere near snags, just like using light lines slack lines will buy you more bites, but the hooking potential is degraded. IMO.

agree if snag fishing you can't be letting the fish take line

I say go for it. Back leads have got to be a valid discussion point while on the topic of bite indication? I like hearing everyone's experiences and opinions about this stuff.

I just couldn't believe the amount of movement in any direction that wouldn't give an indication when using slack lines. As that's my preferred method it sort of shocked me and made me think of how many fish I may have lost without even knowing!

I feel a back lead whilst pinning the line down will allow me to put some tension on the bobbins and get a better indication. Obviously I will have to be aware of weed/snags when using but I think theoretically its a far better option. Best of both worth's.

I just couldn't believe the amount of movement in any direction that wouldn't give an indication when using slack lines. As that's my preferred method it sort of shocked me and made me think of how many fish I may have lost without even knowing!

I'm happy to assume you are using a semi-fixed lead set up :)