Inline Drop off Leads

altura54

Second question; why do you want the leads to drop off?

Hi Altura,

Are you having problems at the moment with something?

The answer may not be dropping the lead. There are a few methods for dropping inline leads doing the rounds.

picture of what they use

Third question: who are "they"

The more information you give, the more information you will get back :)

I seem to recall Newmarket making the same sort of question, whether it was via PM or on here, that I can't remember.

You don't need to get mega technical, buying leads specifically intended with cut slots, slits or whatever, as you can do it with an ordinary inline lead (even with tubing), the supplied lead insert, a tail rubber and a double ring swivel.

Thread your line through the tail rubber, and tie to one of the two rings on end of the swivel. The line is then going round the outside of the lead, the tail rubber holds it to the lead, and the unrung end is pushed into lead insert.

As I said, can also be fished with tubing under the tail rubber, but at the swivel end, slit is slightly, so if required the tubing will split away from end to end if it does need to come off

I seem to recall Newmarket making the same sort of question, whether it was via PM or on here, that I can't remember.

You don't need to get mega technical, buying leads specifically intended with cut slots, slits or whatever, as you can do it with an ordinary inline lead (even with tubing), the supplied lead insert, a tail rubber and a double ring swivel.

Thread your line through the tail rubber, and tie to one of the two rings on end of the swivel. The line is then going round the outside of the lead, the tail rubber holds it to the lead, and the unrung end is pushed into lead insert.

As I said, can also be fished with tubing under the tail rubber, but at the swivel end, slit is slightly, so if required the tubing will split away from end to end if it does need to come off

Nick , dont spose you could post stage by stage pics of that process at some point could you ? Edited by newmarket

I do that with a standard Fox lead clip. No need for the plastic bit at the bottom, just leave out the clip.

There's a little bit of resistance when carp first feels the hook and then the swivel comes out of the lead clip and runs free. 

If you want to make sure that the lead comes off when it hits the putty though, don't use a tail rubber.

Tbh im not 100% happy about using any kind of lead clip in weed or dropping the lead but i can see how it might help.

If you dont use a tail rubber Dal , how can you be certain that the lead wont eject on the cast ?

Or is it a case that it just wont end of ?

Apologies to OP for digressing off inlines :)

Edited by newmarket

Its ok ive sussed it out . Not inline but effective drop off system netherless .

Dunno why i didnt think of this earlier , i have some in my tackle box too :)

What an awful rig! Sure when a fish bolts suddenly, it will wack that putty and lose the lead, but what if it pulls away slowly and steadily, untill it hits the stop which would push the tail rubber on further?

If you want to lose the lead on a running rig, tie the lead on with a very light piece if mono. you can secure it on with PVA for the cast. Or even better, use the enterprise safe run rings, they dump the lead when it gets snagged.

What an awful rig! Sure when a fish bolts suddenly, it will wack that putty and lose the lead, but what if it pulls away slowly and steadily, untill it hits the stop which would push the tail rubber on further?

If you want to lose the lead on a running rig, tie the lead on with a very light piece if mono. you can secure it on with PVA for the cast. Or even better, use the enterprise safe run rings, they dump the lead when it gets snagged.

Thanks for pointing that out Milky i really hadnt thought of that , nice one .

Yep the enterprise snag safe rings are very good , i used one on my weedy lake last time out .

Are YOU aware of an inline drop off running system at all ?