Ace Razorpoint Hooks

crusian

think muggas will be my next hook although those avid sound promising :P

I dunno how you can say that bivvy ? Do you just use one brand:type of hook for all your fishing ?

Blimey i've got about 6 or 7 different brands & patterns that i seem to be forever chopping and changing , i dunno whether i'm coming or going :) :)

Don't worry, I've got about 20 boxes of Korda Kaptor hooks, so I'll keep DF in the luxury he's accustomed to :P:wink:

(I've also got Kamasan, Ace and Gardner hooks, so I'm not exclusively paying for DF :wink: I actually took 15 boxes of new hooks out of my tackle bag at the weekend, and still had the same in my tackle box :oops: )

EDIT:- And I bought some more in the tackle shop on Friday :oops:

Edited by dalthegooner

To be fair, he's hardly likely to tell you to use Fox Arma Points is he :P:wink:

Or me :)

But Messrs Gamakatsu , kamasan , Gardner , Fox might :) :smile: :)

No Richard Gardner probably wouldn't recomend any other make, but I do know that years ago, DF was recommending brands other than his own for hooks (Mainline for hooks and hooklink materials)

I'm the same, although I do prefer as much as possible the Gardner Muggas. Pop-ups get presented on Kamasan B175's, and I have recently been playing with Gardner Chods for surface fishing for chub and carp, and also considering them for pop-ups on a Multi-rig presentation, but since I have loads of pop-up rigs ready tied already, I don't seem to be in a hurry, especially since I rarely use a plain straight pop-up. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair to richard though ( and nick , nice bit of name dropping mate :)) he used to be a regular poster on here at one time and always struck me as a straight up down to earth fella who did his best to help people out . Pretty much what we all try to do too .

I am still lurking around and catching a few off the top.

This is the hook you want guys,nice wide gape,heavy enough to cast 100yds without a lead with a couple of grains of hemp superglued to the shank.

Or perfect for floaters when using half a loaf for bouyancy.

100_5006.jpg

had a korda wide gape open up on me last week,not fully though,i still managed to land it but when I looked at the hook it must of been only just,i did have to put a bit of pressure on it to stop it reaching a snag,

im now looking for a stronger hook,

could anyone recommend anything stronger than korda wide gape !

not "ace razor points" though I snapped one the first time I used them !

thanks!

had a korda wide gape open up on me last week,not fully though,i still managed to land it but when I looked at the hook it must of been only just,i did have to put a bit of pressure on it to stop it reaching a snag,

thanks!

Have a look at deception angling, been using them for a year now and they have been superb in every department, if you go on the website they are normally doing some sort of deal, I picked up 4 packs for a tenner last time I bought some.

thanks!

You sure you're not buying Chinese knock off hooks? Snapped an Ace and opened up a Korda :confused:

Seems fishy to me :wink:

You sure you're not buying Chinese knock off hooks? Snapped an Ace and opened up a Korda :confused:

Seems fishy to me :wink:

not from ebay,bought them at recognized dealers,well known! that would hack you off,loosing good fish to dodgy hooks !

how often should you change your hook , after how many fish,i just sharpen mine as needed till ive taken a few mm off the length then I replace them!

Don't use muggas anymore,3 hooks where the braid has slipped through a gap in the eye

Could you send them in to us Phil so we can have a look at the eye problem.

We will replace and refund postage on anything faulty. Thank you Richard.

THATS what i call service .

Love the Muggas myself ( lick lick ) :) :) :)

Don't use muggas anymore,3 hooks where the braid has slipped through a gap in the eye

Could you send them in to us Phil so we can have a look at the eye problem.
We will replace and refund postage on anything faulty. Thank you Richard.

hiya richard, i have a couple of dozen mugga's that im not happy with, it seems that they get old after i have used em for a month or two. any chance of some free replacements :wink:

For the benefit of CYBORX and NEWMARKET we have decided to initiate a "hook recon service"

This will envolve a monster energy girl visiting your swim and tending to all your piscatorial needs.

Phil has every right to complain about braid slipping through the eye.

Ideally we like to get those hooks back and send them to the manufacturer for comment.

The first few hooks in a batch are often discarded as a run gets under way,but these should be picked up during inspection,and double checked during packing(in England).Open eyes is a problem we've not had before.

Bottom line is we are here if you have a problem, and will sort it out. cheers all.  richard

For the benefit of CYBORX and NEWMARKET we have decided to initiate a "hook recon service"

This will envolve a monster energy girl visiting your swim and tending to all your piscatorial needs.

Phil has every right to complain about braid slipping through the eye.

Ideally we like to get those hooks back and send them to the manufacturer for comment.

The first few hooks in a batch are often discarded as a run gets under way,but these should be picked up during inspection,and double checked during packing(in England).Open eyes is a problem we've not had before.

Bottom line is we are here if you have a problem, and will sort it out. cheers all. richard

it was 25lb sufix sheath skin