pre filling pva bags

Phil

I leave the tag end of the knot at the top of the bag nice and large, so that I can use the tags to knot around the lead clip or mainline just above the run ring. I then put the hook through the bottom corner of the bag.

This method also works with mesh bags as well as solid PVA.

I must admit though, I do prefer to make them up on the bank for each cast rather than have ready made bags. It may cost me a bit of time, but when I'm fishing, I have plenty of time spare.

I don't like hooking them straight to the hook on its own, I worry about a wind-milling cast tangling up. I also like the hooklink not being straightened out, and having to feather a cast will straighten a hooklink if the PVA is on the hook alone.

Stringer needle through bag , attach hook length, pull through, hook into the bottom,

I'd probably only do it if under arming to a margin though, surely there'd be to much stress on the hook/bag for a bigger cast.

Otherwise lead & rig inside bag, i do pre tie these, just write on bag what hook bait it contains  :P

Stringer needle through bag , attach hook length, pull through, hook into the bottom,

I'd probably only do it if under arming to a margin though, surely there'd be to much stress on the hook/bag for a bigger cast.

Otherwise lead & rig inside bag, i do pre tie these, just write on bag what hook bait it contains  :P

I do my bags like that Jay and have never had a problem with stress on the bag but in saying that I rarely cast over 50/60 yards so giving it the big one may cause problems ....

Do any of you put crumb/groundbait in the 1st half inch of the bag,then top up with micro pellet ?

I've done it like this for a few years now and like the fact that the hook point is going into a soft area...... And white crumb stands out very visually on darker bottoms...... Proberbly doesn't make much difference but it gives me confidence and that's half the job in fishing :D

I do my bags like that Jay and have never had a problem with stress on the bag but in saying that I rarely cast over 50/60 yards so giving it the big one may cause problems ....

Do any of you put crumb/groundbait in the 1st half inch of the bag,then top up with micro pellet ?

I've done it like this for a few years now and like the fact that the hook point is going into a soft area...... And white crumb stands out very visually on darker bottoms...... Proberbly doesn't make much difference but it gives me confidence and that's half the job in fishing :D

I always use a bit of crumb in my PVA bags, that and a bit of PVA liquid, helps fill up any air pockets.

I DO do it that way stevey but instead of crumb i use cc moore weedbeater mix in xxx flavour in conjunction with my boilies .

Same consistency as very fine breadcrumb and protects the hookpoints .