Vitalin

Can You HELP?

Have been using Vitalin for a long time & just wondered if any of you could give me some recipes? I mainly fish for carp. I put a little warm water leave to soak then add creamed sweetcorn, sweetcorn Hemp Horliks & Somtimes add Tuna chunks.

Is ( was ) a killer on my local waters started to slow as have used for about 2 seasons. Please dont be shy, Would love all help i can get.

Would have put a smilie on the end of this but comes up with error on page What a bummer

Tight Lines

Banjo

i had this problem;

I was using the 'original vitalin', the one which is still yellow when you add hot water, but i switched to the 'gravy vitalin' which is a red colour when it's wet. I think the added flvour of gravy was enough to turn the carp on but i also add, chopped and whole boilies, different sized halibut pellets (3mm to 14mm), tuna chunks, sweetcorn, hemp and some liquid attractant. It may seem liike a witches potion, but i know by trial and error, that on my local lake, it works! :)

When I last used vitalin (which was 5/6 years ago now) I mixed in a mixture of parti-blend and different sized trout pellets. Tangerine sized balls were then fired into the area where I wanted the bait. I then fished a 15mm hooker trout pellet over the top of the area.

What I also did was to use the Korda funnel web PVA and make golf ball sized round bags using the vitalin mixture. This was then hooked onto the rig and cast out with the hook bait.

I worked very successfully, as it was slightly different to those using vitalin and method feeders.

The only thing stopping what you add to Vitalin is your Imagination. :wink::roll:

Pellets, whole and Powdered, Hemp, Pigeon Conditioner, other Particles, Tuna, other Groundbaits, Bread Crumb, Base Mix, Robin Red, Spices, Gravy Powder, Whole/Crushed/Crumbled Boilies

I regularly add Particles to my Vitalin and the best way I have found is to prepare it the night before you use it, easy even on the Bank if you take a Large Bucket of ready Prepared Particles.

The water of the Particles gets absorbed by the Vitalin, just play around until you get the right amount to do what you want with it.

This mix is soft enough to go in a Spod, or stiff enough to be used as Groundbait and Balled in or Method Fished :wink:

• 3 months later...
do you mix hemp with dry vitalin or do you have to prepare it in any way (the vitalin, i know how to prepare hemp)

And I was just about to give you a smart remark as well.

The best way I found to prepare Vitalin was to pour boiling Water over it the night before I used it. Just not always possible on the Bank.

I used to keep some Vitalin and Particles in the Car when I went for a couple of days.

Every time I would go I would pour some Particles straight onto it the Day before I needed it. So if I was fishing for 3 days I would have a Bucket of Vitalin prepared at home with Boiling Water. As soon as I had put that in the Lake I would top the Bucket up with Fresh Vitalin and then pour some of the Particles in on top of it.

Basically you can use the Vitalin almost dry, but I prefer a reasonably wet mix for the Spod.

dont mean to keep being a pain (i did search first :wink: ) but would you soak the vitalin overnight or just enough to cover it, heck, does it even matter?

A mate works at a pet store and i can get it (& hemp etc..) at 'mates rates' sometines free :wink: for a so im keen to start using it but dont really know how

dont mean to keep being a pain (i did search first :wink: ) but would you soak the vitalin overnight or just enough to cover it, heck, does it even matter?

A mate works at a pet store and i can get it (& hemp etc..) at 'mates rates' sometines free :wink: for a so im keen to start using it but dont really know how

lol, :lol::lol::lol:

I know about the Search facility being a bit of a Pain at times. Ask for one item and 2564 threads come up and not all of them relevant. :?:evil:

It depends on what you want to do with it. Vitalin mixed stiff can be used as a Method Mix if soaked and then Drained off. Or if you want a milky cloud with it then let it take on too much water. When its wet I find it comes out of a spod better.

It also mixes with other Groundbaits well. When I do that I tend to put enough Boiling Water to wet it, leave it over night, and then mix dry groundbait or Base Mix into the Vitalin next day.

• 13 years later...
3 hours ago, Diveactive said:

Hi All I went to moleavone as they had Vitalin on sale but I discover Lamb with potato . Chechen with rice ,salmon and rice and others. I guess this is not the stuff I am reading about. As when I google It come up with Vitalin Original muesli , Is that right I only need to get Vitaline MUSELI ?

Vitalin Original muesli

https://www.vitalinpetfood.co.uk/store/item/original

7 hours ago, Diveactive said:

Hi All I went to moleavone as they had Vitalin on sale but I discover Lamb with potato . Chechen with rice ,salmon and rice and others. I guess this is not the stuff I am reading about. As when I google It come up with Vitalin Original muesli , Is that right I only need to get Vitaline MUSELI ?

The Lamb with potato sounds yummy 😉

On 06/02/2007 at 13:46, banjowest7000 said:

Can You HELP?

Have been using Vitalin for a long time & just wondered if any of you could give me some recipes? I mainly fish for carp. I put a little warm water leave to soak then add creamed sweetcorn, sweetcorn Hemp Horliks & Somtimes add Tuna chunks.

Is ( was ) a killer on my local waters started to slow as have used for about 2 seasons. Please dont be shy, Would love all help i can get.

Would have put a smilie on the end of this but comes up with error on page What a bummer

Tight Lines

Banjo

I’ve used vitalin for yrs too I use a tin of condensed milk with baileys you can’t over do it as it’s all natural warm up the baileys add the condensed milk stir and away you go works a treat warm in the colder months as it changes the temp around the method ball if hot 👍👍

Just now, Carpmaster said:

I’ve used vitalin for yrs too I use a tin of condensed milk with baileys you can’t over do it as it’s all natural warm up the baileys add the condensed milk stir and away you go works a treat warm in the colder months as it changes the temp around the method ball if hot 👍👍

Hope this helps